PDA

View Full Version : JDM vs USDM Doofoid question

90ToyAllTrac
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Im doing the swap, this just occured to me. In a right hand drive is the shifter pattern reversed? If so what do you do about it?

Thanks

Maruki-kun
07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
no.

Siyx
07-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Its still a standard "H". Just shifting with your left instead of your right. The only difference really between RHD and LHD is where the wipers and the turn signals are. They are reversed, easy way to remember where your turn signals are in a car .... "the hand that stick out the window is your turn signal side"
I sometimes get a little confused when I get into my wife's car, I usually manage to turn the wipers on at least once in the first 10 minutes.

ChrisD
07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
I generally go by the rule, one hand for the shifter, one hand for signal lights. It's natural at this point but that's what I used. :)

gt4tified
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM
As said, the shifter stays the same but in the RHD cars the shifter leans towards the driver as with the LHD shifter too. So for those US/Canada celica owners who have aftermarket jdm shifters, the shifter would lean to the wrong side, just very slightly.

Another difference not yet mentioned is the location of the Brake booster and the clutch master cylinder, which are both on the driver side of the respective version of the vehicle.

pinoyGT4
07-19-2010, 05:42 PM
i have a converted JDM GT-FOUR..

im quite confused at first coz the "hand that sticks out" rule wont apply to my car :lolhitting:

funny thing is, my clutch master is on the left side now and the brake booster is on the right side.. :fluffy:

oh well..

T-spoon
07-20-2010, 06:32 PM
im quite confused at first coz the "hand that sticks out" rule wont apply to my car :lolhitting:

Yeah, also some people actually use that hand to drive, not to flop out the window trying to look cool :hehe:

banshee 101
08-28-2010, 08:45 PM
i a the owner of a celica gt4 and the main differences have been mentionned, another thing that is diffent are the pedal brackets, clutch/brake gas, they are not interchangeable and are nearly impossible to find for a RHD, also the clutch master and brake booster like mentionned above, but the rebuild kits work fine for either RHD or LHD