PDA

View Full Version : Hello CelicaTech!

GTGreg
07-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Name:GTGreg (or Greg)

Occupation: Project Manager/Systems Estimator for material handling company.

Cars owned (Year, Make, Model, Trim, Modifications, etc.) : I currently own a 2000 Toyota Celica GT

Hello All,

My name is GTGreg and Im new to this forum. I look forward to learning a little more about my Celica, and appriciate the opertunity to do so.

I have had my 2000 Celica since January, 2009. I love the car but sadly, I bought it from a used car lot with 100K miles on it; not new from a dealership, or even handed down from a family member who had lovingly cared for it. Needless to say I have some work to do.

I will most likley not be activley posting any questions until I have taken some time to check out the Big Green Book, and search around the website a bit, but wanted to at least introduce myself before I started lurking about.

BTW, I must state for the record that I enjoyed reading through the "New Members Guide to Proper Posting". I teared up just a bit, it sort of remined me of my childhood....

Sifu
07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Welcome! Don't forget to post pictures as well!

4thgenceli
07-08-2010, 09:21 PM
What part of Phx you in? Proper? or boondocks?

Welcome!

GTGreg
07-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I am in the boondocks, the very HOT boondocks!! Work in Tempe, live in Mesa.

4thgenceli
07-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Nice.

Better than my commuted used to be :P (Queen creek -> Tempe), or my wife's (queen creek -> north scottsdale).

GTGreg
07-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Agreed, I would take my Mesa to Tempe commute over a Queen Creek to Tempe commute any day. Not that the Mesa to Tempe commute is any fun.....just shorter.

I think with the heat, the amount of traffic, and those nasty speed cameras on the freeways, driving anywhere in Phoenix is a bit of a chore these days. I am however, happy all of the snowbirds have flown away for the summer, and school is out, as it helps a bit with the crowded freeways...

As a matter of fact, I am just about to leave work and go be a part of the problem.

Glad to see a local on the forum...

v3
07-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Welcome to the club, have fun lurking.

Lenny253
07-09-2010, 04:28 AM
welcome!