PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Fixing an Infested Celica.

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-06-2010, 05:01 AM
So, I hauled a good 6 dozen bamboo plants I dug up from a women getting rid of them. She bartered my digging for me keeping them. Fast forward 2 days, and I go to open my trunk to get some stuff. 10 or so decent sized spiders scatter. I also had 3-4 webs started in the interior.

So, on the funny side of things, I have a car full of spiders, which isn't really a big deal, just annoying and not something I want to deal with while driving.

Or on the more serious side, 1 could be a black widow. Odds are pretty good being that I saw a lot, and I mean A LOT scatter when light hit the dark trunk. In know more are hidden then I care to think about. Now what to do.

1) Bug Bomb

2) Exhaust Hose

3) Sprays

4) Powders

5) Traps?

I need them gone, sooner then later, because I have a lot of driving to do, and generally hate things crawling on me. Any sensible advice on how to destroy them? and not my health or interior?

Shadowlife25
07-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Remove interior

Use raid spray

let car air out

Reinstall interior

Physlis
07-06-2010, 05:15 AM
I'm not too sure how well most of that stuff will work inside a vehicle, at least not without some sort of incoveniences such as lingering odors or not getting all of them. If you do want to use a bug bomb or something and you have storage space, I'd suggest pulling the interior and checking/cleaning as you do to ensure they have little place to hide. This can be done over a number of days and maintain drivability as long as you keep the dash installed, although the ride will be loud. Then once you pull everything (including the carpet) hit it with your bug killer of choice. With the interior out it will be easier to hit the normally enclosed spaces that the spray/vapors might not hit and make it easier for you to inspect. Once they're dead just put your interior back in all nice and clean with little to no residual odors.

Just my .02 as I haven't really delt w/insect removal

alltracNyx
07-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Remove interior

Use raid spray

let car air out

Reinstall interior

+1

Somehow, a bug bomb seems like a bad idea. And leaving in the interior just gives them places to hide. Remove your interior and use a spray of some sort.

MCcelica
07-06-2010, 06:19 AM
As was said, definitely remove the interior. It's not all that difficult to do. And it'll lessen the residual odor. Just keep track of your bolts/screws etc. Don't hesitate to take out "too much" either. Cause if you go with Raid or something equivalent, they will run to other areas. Gotta make sure they don't go somewhere you didn't plan on them going. I definitely would NOT do the exhaust to cabin hose. A residual from that could be toxic even to you. Traps will require time and patience. Powder could work, but it'd be more stuff to vacuum up later.

That all being said, I'd strip the interior, raid the sumzabitchez, vacuum up spider corpses, re-install interior, be done.

Grot
07-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Raid is too expensive. Use brake cleaner.

But I'm with everyone else. Take it out and spray.

rizin
07-06-2010, 06:40 AM
F it light a big bowl of you know what and let them have fun and spin crazy webs.

Johnny
07-06-2010, 05:57 PM
run exhaust hose through window lool yeah strip car and use raid

Siyx
07-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Ok heres the easiest way to get rid of spiders:
1 - go to your local pet store
2 - buy a mouse or rat
3 - let it loose in your car. Rule of thumb: Spiders in home, no mice. No spiders in home, you got mice.
4 - Ask how to get rid of a mouse/rat in your car.
5 - go to pet store buy a cat
6 - lock cat in car to eat mouse/rat
7 - tear out interior because cat puked and pissed all over your seats.
8 - while you already have the interior out for cleaning you might as well spray the car with raid like stuff !
9 - Done.

*Don't do this as the mouse will chew through everything in your car like it did my dads engine, its just a joke. Use Raid.*

pinoyGT4
07-06-2010, 07:38 PM
the traps sound enticing.. :D

get fly paper all over your trunk, over and under your seats and dash..

leave it over night with some fuud in the middle or something.. :D

when they get stuck on the trap, spray with RAID.. :P

donteatbugs
07-06-2010, 09:05 PM
set your car on fire...spiders hate fire

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
set your car on fire...spiders hate fire

Just don't eat them right? The bugs....

MCcelica
07-06-2010, 10:18 PM
No no. Eating bugs that you've just killed with raid is bad juju.

buffalohunter7321
07-07-2010, 03:57 AM
LOL
All you have to do is leave your car windows up in 80 degree temp and they will dry up and be gone in two to three days.
No spray, just lots of heat. And make sure there is no food for them to eat, [bugs].
I'am also a organic farmer, some day look to have me one of those 3sgte tractors with AWD. LOL.

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-07-2010, 04:59 AM
I'am also a organic farmer, some day look to have me one of those 3sgte tractors with AWD. LOL.

Red Green Show style?