PDA

View Full Version : A question to anybody running Megans or other coilovers

Physlis
07-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I just got my Megans installed and the "out of the box" settings are loooowww. I had to adjust the rear a bit just to bolt everything back up. Right now I'm sitting at 1/4" clearance up front and -1/4" in the back. Measuring from the center of the hub my distances are: 12 1/4" front, 11 3/4" rear. I also have the knobs set at 17-clicks all around. I haven't messed with the springs b/c I know nothing about them.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/1/0/0/sdc12225.jpg
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/1/0/0/sdc12233.jpg
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/1/0/0/sdc12232.jpg

For now I'm going to raise the ride height 1 1/2"F, 2"R to level the car out and get some clearance. Right now I won't make it out of my driveway.

What set-ups are you guys running? Measuring ride height from hub center, knob settings, coil settings, etc.

I'm personally looking for an agressive street set-up (on the edge of auto-x). Right now I'm driving a race-prepped Integra Type-R so bumps are nothing new or bothersome. Any suggestions?

Physlis
08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Nobody? Bueller, bueller?

I adjusted the knob settings from 17 to 15 as the car seemed very unbalanced, The best way I could describe it was floating after bumps (I left the springs in thier out-of-the-box setting). It seems to ride a little better just with that change. I need to bring the front down a little as with the adjustments above (raising 1-1/2" fr, 2" r) didn't level it out like I thought it would, I'm sitting a little nose-high now.

My main question, once I get ride height squared away, I guess is how should I set the springs? I don't really understand the ins and outs of suspensions so that's what I really need help with.

The Captain
08-06-2010, 02:04 PM
I have TEIN's. I'm running 13 inches fender to center front and rear. Factory TEIN settings were too low, messing up bump steer. Set to this height. For damping, push down quickly and release on each corner. It should compress then rebound, then re-compress just a little.

Naemion
08-06-2010, 11:01 PM
I'll have to readjust mine to 13 also as I am having bump issues. But, what is nice about the D2's is I can adjust them while they are on the car.

METDeath
08-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Is there anything stopping you from raising the car higher?

Naemion
08-07-2010, 12:06 AM
effort, lol

Physlis
08-07-2010, 04:26 AM
@MET: I'm riding a little higher now (I have about 1/4" clearance in the back and ~1/2" in the front) but the rears stopped adjusting. I think it has a built-in saftey so you don't over-extend them because it said to leave a certain length of threads inside the lower collar. I'll get some current height measurements and pics up in a bit.

@Captain: As far as bouncing the car I get almost nothing, the sock settings are pretty stiff. I guess I just don't have the "feel" for how to tune these things, I'm kinda hoping someone will chime in with some Megan-specific info (i.e. measurements or something) on a similar set-up or how they went about tuning them.

I think part of my "loose" problem is I'm still waiting on my strut tower braces but have the whole underbody tied together.