View Full Version : 3gste oil pan.

07-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I was wondering what oil pan off what car(s) I can get an 3gste oil ban that will mate to the block of my 5sfe, I finally got all my parts to turbo it, and I just need that bung to run the oil line into. I was also wondering if they mate right up to the block with no fabrications?

07-03-2010, 10:10 PM
the 90-93 alltrac and 91+mr2 3sgte oil pans will bolt right on to a 5sfe block, and the stock ct-26 oil return line fits perfectly with the stock rubber elbow.
some of the mr2 pans have an oil level sensor boss, but a cover plate can be gotten from the dealer to block it off.
you will just need to have a 3an fitting welded onto the feed line, get an adapter fitting for your head, and use a 3an line with a restrictor for the oil feed to the turbo.
if your not using a ct-26 based turbo, you can still use the 3sgte oil pan, ko racing, ats racing and berktechnology all sell fittings for the pan to adapt to an fittings/lines.

07-03-2010, 10:50 PM
I planned on using a 90* elbow with hose clamps on both ends, one on the oil pan, one of the turbo oil metal piece. Or is that not a good idea?

07-04-2010, 11:57 AM
thats what the stock rubber elbow does, although the angle is a little more than 90*.(for the return line)

that wont last more than a couple days on the feed line, and when it comes off, it will be spraying oil all over the nice hot manifold, which will cause a nice carbcue. lol i wouldnt suggest it.

07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
the feed line needs to be stainless braided line, the return, if your using the stock feed lines and pan, just use the stock return elbow, it works great.

07-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Hmmm I'm a bit confused you guys got any pictures.