PDA

View Full Version : 3gste oil pan.

FifthGen
07-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I was wondering what oil pan off what car(s) I can get an 3gste oil ban that will mate to the block of my 5sfe, I finally got all my parts to turbo it, and I just need that bung to run the oil line into. I was also wondering if they mate right up to the block with no fabrications?

Thanks

presure2
07-03-2010, 10:10 PM
the 90-93 alltrac and 91+mr2 3sgte oil pans will bolt right on to a 5sfe block, and the stock ct-26 oil return line fits perfectly with the stock rubber elbow.
some of the mr2 pans have an oil level sensor boss, but a cover plate can be gotten from the dealer to block it off.
you will just need to have a 3an fitting welded onto the feed line, get an adapter fitting for your head, and use a 3an line with a restrictor for the oil feed to the turbo.
if your not using a ct-26 based turbo, you can still use the 3sgte oil pan, ko racing, ats racing and berktechnology all sell fittings for the pan to adapt to an fittings/lines.

FifthGen
07-03-2010, 10:50 PM
I planned on using a 90* elbow with hose clamps on both ends, one on the oil pan, one of the turbo oil metal piece. Or is that not a good idea?

presure2
07-04-2010, 11:57 AM
thats what the stock rubber elbow does, although the angle is a little more than 90*.(for the return line)

that wont last more than a couple days on the feed line, and when it comes off, it will be spraying oil all over the nice hot manifold, which will cause a nice carbcue. lol i wouldnt suggest it.

andy
07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
the feed line needs to be stainless braided line, the return, if your using the stock feed lines and pan, just use the stock return elbow, it works great.

FifthGen
07-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Hmmm I'm a bit confused you guys got any pictures.