PDA

View Full Version : 5sfe turbo.

FifthGen
06-30-2010, 03:51 AM
I stumbled upon this on craigslist out here, and I seriously wanna buy it.. I just don't know to much about turbos besides dont run the psi to high haha.

I was wondering if you guys thought this was a good deal- and if the guy it honest.

"""For sale is a near complete Turbo Kit for the 5sfe Toyota motors / engines (with instructions) found in the following vehicles (and others):

Camry 92-97
Celica 90-99
Solora 98-01
MR2 (n/a) 90-95
+ others

This kit was used for a very short period on a 91 Toyota MR2, and removed when the car was sold. The parts listed are a tried and proven combination for reliably boosting the 5sfe motor. It will allow the 5sfe to be boosted to approx 8psi, and give a 50 - 60 HP increase over stock. All parts bolted directly to the 5sfe on a 91 MR2.
The following items are included in the kit and were sourced from the 3sgte Toyota MR2 (unless otherwise specified):

3sgte Exhaust Manifold
3sgte CT26 Turbo (may need rebuild)
3sgte stock DP
3sgte stock mid pipe
3sgte stock muffler
3sgte oil return line
3sgte MAP sensor
3sgte turbo to intercooler "hot pipe"
3sgte BOV
Spark plugs

The following parts were custom made and/or used for this application:

CT26 oil line with welded 4AN male oil feed
Nissport 1/8(M) BSPT to 3 port 1/8 NPT (F) adapter
Earls 1/8 NPT(M) to 4AN (F) adapter
Earls 4AN (F) to 4AN(F) braided hose
315cc injectors (86-89 Supra)
Intercooler to throttle body pipe pipe

The following are miscellaneous items that will also be included:

Water lines
Boost gauge
Exhaust maifold gasket
Turbo Gasket set
Various clamps and hoses

The following items will be needed to complete the kit (depending on application) and are NOT included in this sale:

Intercooler
Intercooler pipes
Oil pan (can use one from 3sgte or custom weld bung)
Custom CT26 intake

Other optional items NOT included:
Boost controller
MSD BTM

Please note: the kit was used and worked on a 91 MR2. All parts listed work (although the CT26 could use a rebuild). To find out how much this kit can increase the performance of the 5sfe motor, do a google search on "5sfe Turbo" or "5sfTe" (note the "T" in the text). Instructions as to how to perform the install can be found on the web, but will also be included with the kit. Also note: Only the items listed in the above description are included. Some items shown in the pic may NOT be included, as the pics were taken BEFORE the parts were installed. """

Hookecho
06-30-2010, 04:34 AM
how much does he want for it. that's pretty much everything you need other than the oil pan and intercooler.

FifthGen
06-30-2010, 12:18 PM
He said he'd sell it to me for 300. But idk how much it costs to have the turbo rebuilt.

Hookecho
06-30-2010, 12:36 PM
probably about $200 for a rebuilt turbo. $300 for that kit is a good price.

FifthGen
06-30-2010, 01:35 PM
So he'll that's not a bad deal at all. He even offered to meet me half way would of been 2 hr drive to Maryland. Seems like a very literate guy knows his stuff. WE arranged to meet up Saturday so I'll let you guys know and ge some pictures of it. Who would I talk to about what size intercoolers best and such

Hookecho
06-30-2010, 02:15 PM
just get a 22'' x 7'' intercooler and charge pipe. you can get one a little larger if you want to. you can get one off of ebay really cheap or buy a one from here. http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/view.phtml?f_cat=Intercoolers:+Treadstone+Intercoo lers:+Intercoolers

Smaay
07-01-2010, 04:42 PM
treadstone are way too expensive. i get my intercoolers from CXracing.com

FifthGen
07-01-2010, 05:51 PM
He said for 150 more so 450 he will throw in apexi super afc and a boost controller and turbo timer.

celica91gts
07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
good price. i bought mine for a lil more then 600 and it was missing the oil pan, injectors, fuel pump, manifold, a lot actually. but he did all the hard work which was putting it all together.

FifthGen
07-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Yeah, this car is my daily driver, and I know damn near nothing about turbos, I used to build rock crawler and offroad jeeps and FJ's suspension parts like springs and leafs and arms and such, and could put an entire lift on in about 4 hours. I have no IDEA at ALL what to expect with this turbo kit install. I mean he said I could use my stock oil pan if I weld some kind of drail plug on it? He said he has the hose for it and such. He pretty much said all I need in an oil pan and intercooler and I am pretty much set to go. This is my daily driver and I work construction every day 7 days a week, 7am to 5pm. So really I have no time to screw up and not have a car, I do have a 3 day weekend ( saturday, sunday, monday off) due to holiday. THanks for anwering all my questions guys, I know its alot. I just dont wanna take on more than I can handle.

Also if I would get a 3gste oil pan instead, does it bolt striaght up?

burnyd
07-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Id prolly purchase it, where at in PA aer you from ?

UtahSleeper
07-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Buy it, then research afterwards how you will tackle it. Even if you change your mind later you can probably sell it and make back most, if not all of your money.

Or you can buy a replacement beater and start working on the yota...........

FifthGen
07-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Sorry burnyd, its a quote, its not for sale, I just recently am purchasing it, and yeah I planned on doing some research, I can do pretty much everything, I am just confused with the oil pan thing, that the only problem im like wtf on.

Shadowlife25
07-02-2010, 01:47 AM
Don't pay the extra cash for the SAFC.

It is honestly more detrimental than not in these applications.

FifthGen
07-02-2010, 02:26 AM
I'll buy it and resell because it's bundled with turbo timer and boost controller. Worth 150 for those 3 I feel. Sell the afc for 150 on fleabay an score a free boost controller and turbo timer.