PDA

View Full Version : Elise update

Mr E
06-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Still running. Haven't crashed it yet.

Had a Morgan try to run away on a decent bit of B-road last weekend. That didn't go so well for him... :)

Still haven't found the balls to unstick the back end.

Wife-elect has found the rev limiter in the first 3 gears....

donteatbugs
06-29-2010, 07:23 PM
i hope you drive it better than the guy that brought one to autocross saturday, i handed him his ass in my gt-s

RedRkt01
06-29-2010, 07:50 PM
You had your hands on his ass? That's gross. ew.......

goretro77
06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
What year is your Elise? 2005 is my guess. Base suspension correct? what engine do you have?

Mr E
06-30-2010, 10:16 PM
What year is your Elise? 2005 is my guess. Base suspension correct? what engine do you have?

2003. Last of the VVC K-series.

I could spin you a line about the K-series being lighter, having similar torque to weight to the 2ZZ all the way to the red line and being more tractable and better suited to the car.

But the truth is a Toyota powered car was a bit more money and I didn't find one I liked as much.

Standard suspension. Minor breathing mods. In the words of Mr Chapman "if you give them something to adjust, they will adjust it wrong...."

Oh, and I'm going to GoodWood Festival of Speed this weekend, and not taking the Lotus....

:(

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-of-speed/welcome.aspx

:)

Nitro_Alltrac
06-30-2010, 11:48 PM
You lucky dog! I'd love to go to Goodwood. It looks like it would be a blast. Take lots of pics and post them please.

goretro77
07-01-2010, 02:27 AM
2003. Last of the VVC K-series.

I could spin you a line about the K-series being lighter, having similar torque to weight to the 2ZZ all the way to the red line and being more tractable and better suited to the car.

But the truth is a Toyota powered car was a bit more money and I didn't find one I liked as much.

Standard suspension. Minor breathing mods. In the words of Mr Chapman "if you give them something to adjust, they will adjust it wrong...."

Oh, and I'm going to GoodWood Festival of Speed this weekend, and not taking the Lotus....

:(

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-of-speed/welcome.aspx

:)

Hmmm.dunno much about that particular powerplant. With the car's lightweight and the 2ZZ's mated 6 speed transmission it gets about just fine on the small cam. Then there's the Toyota reliability.

I have the Lotus Sport Suspension - its non adjustable. The track pack is adjustable yes, I too have heard of "give them sonething to adjust and it will be adjusted wrong" saying. The winner for me is that the LSS comes with Bilstein shocks which is the most trouble free reliable gas shocks ever made. So I passed on the track pack and stayed with the Lotus Sport Suspension.

I have made minor breathing mod, thats about it engine wise. I did add a baffled oil pan.

Added HID lights. The stock lights were not that good and changed out the stock buick sounding horn and added driving lights.

I am jealous you get to go to Goodwood. :biggthumpup:

Mr E
07-01-2010, 11:56 AM
The K series 111S is significantly lighter than the federalised 'yota powered cars. I have these weird handles that I turn and the windows go up and down.

However, "k series head gasket" has 112,000 results on google. They tend to eat them.

My car has a land rover head gasket to try and prevent this, and I'm running an ITG carbon induction kit, larini sports cat and larini club sport exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iTKk2QvqeY

Mine sounds somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd run.