PDA

View Full Version : Yet another problem :-( wtf?!?!?!

REDGTSFURY
06-26-2010, 07:06 PM
So I recently posted a thread about replacing "lift" bolts so you do not lose your top end power from the 7th generation Toyota Celica GTS. UNFORTUNATELY I have yet another problem. I finally got the intake lift bolt replaced and I was able to go into lift maybe only twice...then the malfunction light kicks in just as lift is supposed to kick in and threw a *code **P1693 manufacturer Auxillary Input/Output**, I took it to Advance Auto Parts and this is the only reason I think it does not want to work, the car revs up to 7k rpm and then it stops there. I seen something about the oil control valves that could cause the problem, can anyone help me, or has anybody ever experienced this? :thinking:

REDGTSFURY
07-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Can anybody help me? :-( :'-( I went to my mechanic and he stated that the oil pressure switch wasnt responding so I purchased a new switch and...NOTHING! I think its funny how it still went into lift before the lift bolt repair and now...NOTHING, and they are claiming it couldnt have been anything they did...

donteatbugs
07-07-2010, 04:22 PM
id check the timing and make sure everything is plugged in. i bet they left something unplugged or a ground off somewhere.