PDA

View Full Version : For the first time in 5 yrs...

joe's gt
06-24-2010, 06:01 AM
I don't have a single drop of leaking fluid on the ground!!!

Thanks for all your help Ctech!

Nitro_Alltrac
06-25-2010, 02:00 AM
I guess the obvious question at this point, are their any fluidsin the car?? j/k:haha:

Congrats!

UtahSleeper
06-25-2010, 04:27 AM
I guess the obvious question at this point, are their any fluidsin the car?? j/k:haha:

Congrats!

LOL!!!! The obvious is always funny.

Congrats.

wizzards581
06-25-2010, 05:36 AM
same here. my alltrac never had either but when it did i fixed it up. i hate leaky cars. and here is all the infos we learn frm.

lalojamesliz
06-25-2010, 03:45 PM

Congrats!

LOL!! i wish my car had no leaks :( one day i guess

Hookecho
06-25-2010, 04:01 PM
no leaks ftw!

Siyx
06-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Glad to see you have finally become environmentally friendly LOL

ChrisD
06-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Congrats! So what all did you have to fix? Just the oil pan? Did you end up going with the Toyota FIPG or did you give the Honda stuff a try? I'm doing mine in the coming weeks as well... :D

VikingJZ
06-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Having a car with no leaks is absolutely awesome!

My SAAB doesn't leak a damn thing, but my Celica leaks oil from the timing cover seal. Driving to Knoxville and back was a little hard on the old bird.

joe's gt
06-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Congrats! So what all did you have to fix? Just the oil pan? Did you end up going with the Toyota FIPG or did you give the Honda stuff a try? I'm doing mine in the coming weeks as well... :D

I went with Toyota FIPG. Wasn't hard to apply. Made sure the mating surfaces were completely smooth. I've read a thread or two about taking all the paint off the oil pan mating surface, cuz scratches can cause leaks. I didn't bother, because I had a hard time believing that and so far, no leaks. Fixed all leaking hoses. Found out I previously put a 3/8" hose on a nipple with what should have been a 5/16" hose. I really paid attention to how the hoses fit over the fitting, to make sure I had the right size this time.

I think I still may need to seal the valve cover better tho. I am thinking of converting the philips bolts to hex heads with some rubber washers. It seems I still have a very small oil leak on the back of the engine on the passenger side near the top of the head. So I think the valve cover could be the only culprit there.

EDIT: Just realized I didn't put FIPG on the head where the BGB specifies the last time I opened the valve cover months ago. I'll probably be redoing the valve cover soon. Then that should be everything.