PDA

View Full Version : 5th? and probably 6th Traffic Tickets from the Dragon (With video!!)

Lonestag
06-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Looks like I got nailed by a stop light camera while I was down there.
I wonder if that svelt gentleman driving behind me recieved one as well?

Video is online at https://knoxvilletn.onlineviolation.com/public/ReviewEvidence.aspx

If you need violation number and password, they are 317273243 and T21UDRA5

I didn't make it through by about .25 seconds, damnit.

Oh well, I think driving behind you guys was worth my $50.

Murg, you live in a police state.

***EDIT FOR PICS***

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/6/0/3/9/21405104a_20100509120115.jpg

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/6/0/3/9/21405104d_20100509120115.jpg

Murgatroy
06-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah, Bugs got one too.

Post your pictures up, they are going in for Celica of the month.

Waffles!
06-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Oops....

Hookecho
06-20-2010, 05:29 PM
i'm glad MS's Governor ruled traffic cameras to be unconstitutional. i think they are total bullshit.

Lonestag
06-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Well, you can see in the vid I really thought I had more time (spoiled by columbus yellow lights) plus, by that point, my front lift caliper and rotor had become good friends and I was afriad the whole assembly might explode.

I don't like stop light cameras, it's just like, hey we saw you doing somthing risky, please give us your credit card # (or we take your license).

Murgatroy
06-20-2010, 05:42 PM
It is just a municipal fine here. Not a traffic violation.

4thgenceli
06-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Here in AZ the speeding cameras (depending on speed) are safe to ignore. Red lights though they hit you with traffic violations.

Grot
06-20-2010, 10:31 PM
There are really only like 4 cameras in the city.

In Oak Ridge (About 20 mins from Knoxville) They have speed and redlight cameras at almost every intersection.

cell172
06-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Good news. They should be out of Knoxville by this time next year. Murfreesboro (near Nashville) has 6 or 8 of them. They are about to get rid of them though because rear end collisions have double since they were installed.

Nitro_Alltrac
06-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Just another wonderful revenue generator for local government.

T-spoon
06-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Good news. They should be out of Knoxville by this time next year. Murfreesboro (near Nashville) has 6 or 8 of them. They are about to get rid of them though because rear end collisions have double since they were installed.

That happened in Houston too. T-bone collisions went down a small percentage, rear-end collisions went up many percent. As if we didn't have enough people going OMGYELLOWSTANDONBRAKESSLIDEINTOINTERSECTION. One of the funniest times I had riding with my mom once was that she was about 100 yards from an intersection and started slowing down quite a bit.. I said "Mom.. it's green.." Her reply, "But it might turn yellow.." to which I laughed and she eventually admitted it was a bit silly ;)

Lonestag
06-21-2010, 02:44 AM
yeah, next time i'm down in knoxvegas and I see a yellow light (as long as a celica isn't behind me) I'm just going to mash down on the brake and hope the person behind me is paying attention. Flawed policies don't go away unless people act to proctect their best interests within them.

donteatbugs
06-21-2010, 01:47 PM
hehe, i followed you right through that light too!

VikingJZ
06-27-2010, 08:28 PM
That blows man!

The Indiana state AG outlawed them two years ago. However, cities are allowed to have intersection cameras, but no photo ticketing.

Galcobar
06-28-2010, 02:21 AM
I always find it odd people complain about red-light cameras. If you're not able to stop when it goes yellow, you're going too fast anyway for your car/reaction speed/conditions.

Most people, unfortunately, don't see yellow = stop. They see it yellow = speed up. Swap the attitude around to what it's supposed to be and rear-enders largely disappear. Those rear-end collisions are because drivers aren't expecting someone to stop at a light which is changing. Were those expectations given sufficient time to change, so would the behaviour and thus the number of rear-end collisions.

The problem is that there isn't enough enforcement (manned or otherwise) to widely change that behaviour and the cameras are now being pulled too quickly for even localised behaviour to adapt.

METDeath
06-29-2010, 12:16 AM
I always find it odd people complain about red-light cameras. If you're not able to stop when it goes yellow, you're going too fast anyway for your car/reaction speed/conditions.

Most people, unfortunately, don't see yellow = stop. They see it yellow = speed up. Swap the attitude around to what it's supposed to be and rear-enders largely disappear. Those rear-end collisions are because drivers aren't expecting someone to stop at a light which is changing. Were those expectations given sufficient time to change, so would the behaviour and thus the number of rear-end collisions.

The problem is that there isn't enough enforcement (manned or otherwise) to widely change that behaviour and the cameras are now being pulled too quickly for even localised behaviour to adapt.

No, the problem is the two people getting ticketed at the light didn't know where they were going, so they were playing keep up.

The Captain
06-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Some municipalities actually shortened the duration of the yellow for revenue on red light cameras. Until they got busted. It's a cash cow and has nothing to do with public safety. It's especially profitable against out of towners. No fight.

The companies that make those systems taught profits to sell their shit. No safety statistics are included in the presentation. My dad sat in on a committee in his town. They turned it down.

vip09
06-29-2010, 05:38 PM
TN made bank from c-tech..

I'm due back in Maryville for court on July 22nd. Can't believe court appearance is MANDATORY!

Lonestag
07-01-2010, 04:01 AM
TN made bank from c-tech..

I'm due back in Maryville for court on July 22nd. Can't believe court appearance is MANDATORY!

I think next time knoxville should host the meet for free considering how much $$ we dropped into the local government last time.

Mr.Shaun91
07-02-2010, 05:21 AM
ya i love the ones here in az tim. its funny cuz half the time they flash you while your actually obeying the law!!! and when you do actually get them we all just throw them in the trash unless a server hands it to us....

vip09
07-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Well, finally getting this ticket taken care of.

$450 lawyer fee
$110 court cost
$125 safety course

And I don't have to drive up there for court appearance and nothing goes on my record..

I'm broke now. :(

donteatbugs
07-09-2010, 07:01 PM
well i guess you saved money on gas and time off work. that lawyer fee sucks ass though. why is your safety class 125? mine was only 35

vip09
07-09-2010, 07:03 PM
I dunno maybe mine is the uber hardcore one?

Waffles!
07-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Damn.... that sucks that it costs so much, but nothing is on your record...

Smaay
07-19-2010, 04:12 PM
all i see is pictures and video of your car going through a red light. not you. that will not hold up in court. there is no way to proove that you are driving the car. Here in CA the cameras take a picture of the driver too. thats how they nail you. if the picture is unable to proove its you then it gets tossed. just fight it and say you were not driving.

goretro77
07-19-2010, 05:59 PM
i'm glad MS's Governor ruled traffic cameras to be unconstitutional. i think they are total bullshit.

+1. They seem to cause more confusion and traffic at intersections nowadays. I've seen someone totally slam on the brakes instead of, what would have made more sense to do at that moment and go through the intesection because it was still very open. I can see why the person slammed the brakes and it was in order to avoid getting a 'pic tic' (picture ticket) as I call it. Someone right behind that person had nowhere to go as she was shocked as the front car slammed its brakes on and had to drive up on the shoulder to avoid rear ending that person.

Fun times.

Maikeru
07-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah, but if the girl behind had left proper distance, she would have had ample time to react and hit her brakes.

What it comes down to, is people are getting pissed off because they're being busted for breaking the law. No offense OP, but you weren't even IN the intersection when they took the pic. You full on blew the light.

alltracNyx
07-29-2010, 12:19 AM
^ We were all caravanning to the local junkyard during the annual ctech Dragon meet and no one was familiar with the area as we are all from out of state. That was the major reason for people blowing the light-they were trying to keep up with the group.

Thankfully, we lost track of you guys on the way there and used the gps to get us to the PAP. The gps took us on the highway so we avoided this intersection altogether. Otherwise, we might have been behind Ben at that intersection :P

Maikeru
07-29-2010, 09:59 PM
I understand they were with a group, but it still doesn't give the right to break the law and then complain when your caught. :hsughno:

Murgatroy
07-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't think they are complaining. They are bitching at me because I went too fast for everyone to keep up.

alltracNyx
07-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Yup, it's all your fault Murg :P

Eric Barrera
08-19-2010, 04:39 AM
Wow, lmao!

Murg, i'm still wondering if you just have primer on chaos or is that Flat paint?