PDA

View Full Version : Hello from central Fla.

Celicadirtracer
06-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Hello me and my son race 5gen celica at eastbay raceway in fla and love our toyotas we have 1.6 w/automatic but looking to do 2.2 5 spd swap now, will be looking for help as we are tired of neons beaten up on us so help us make toyotas a force to be delt with at the dirt track.:biggthumpup:

toyota29
06-20-2010, 04:20 AM
nice dad

UtahSleeper
06-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Pretty sure you will find all the info you need here.

What are the requirements for your events? All stock? Everything goes?

And have you considered just finding a cheap GT that has what you want and just improving it?

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Celicadirtracer
06-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Can do any mods that can't be seen like cams head work just can't be real high compression to motor, and yea gt would be the way to go now we bought first car for 450 ready to race and given us 30 good races with 1.6 auto, got second car for 300 and put nice cage in it. It's dirt racing so we go through a lot of spindles, struts and all kinds of suspension parts so can start with st and make gt with add ons. 5 SPD cars in all makes seem to accelerate better on the stars so need stick and heave found lots of 2.2's but not with 5spd so looking for donna car with stick in Tampa bay area as it's a complete conversion, as others have noted the cars are super safe as the front of car was engineered with safety in mind from toyota and my boy flipped the first car 3.5 times last year and car still races now.

FluffyNutts
07-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Hello me and my son race 5gen celica at eastbay raceway in fla and love our toyotas we have 1.6 w/automatic but looking to do 2.2 5 spd swap now, will be looking for help as we are tired of neons beaten up on us so help us make toyotas a force to be delt with at the dirt track.:biggthumpup:

Did you happen to bring your Celica to Tuffys awhile back to get us to sponser you? It was the Celica on the trailer no? I ask because it says wesley chapel and thats where I work is tuffys.

Celicadirtracer
07-09-2010, 05:28 AM
Yep that's me, since then got two more and put one on track already and stripin and weldin "g" as I write this. Eastbay this weekend so hoping lil'6 will get another top ten till we can bremak out the big deuce on them in couple weeks. Will post up pics soon

P.s. Old car in back forty needs doner car for parts u know of any 5gen deals or 6gens

Last race one 1st car broke left strut free from bearing mount on top and broke right spindle and then snapped end of CV Axel off and whole assemblyslid off Axel splines but finished race in 15.

FluffyNutts
07-10-2010, 05:56 AM
Try lkq u pull it in crystal river... they are cheap nd typically have what you need. I dont know if you seen it, but i drive the primered celica with the red bumpers.

toyota29
07-12-2010, 09:30 PM
This post has been removed due to a rules violation.

KM
07-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Toyota29, this is not the right place for Buying and Selling. You must follow forum rules, especially the one that states you MAY NOT sell items with a post count under 25. This is the second time I've seen you break this rule. Once in chat, once here.

You appear to be Celicadirtracer's son, but that does not exclude you from following rules.

Please read the Classifieds FAQ, located at http://www.celicatech.com/forums/faq.php?faq=classifieds
It clearly states that you may only post part sale threads in the appropriate (Buying and Selling) forums, and you must meet the minimum requirements AND post a price. You have broken all of those rules.

Celicadirtracer
07-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Opps sorry bout that he's 15 and just letting him post on forums and will show where to post and when,, he did run second in his heat race last weekend and was running in top ten when he got hit behind drivers door by slow car below and was spun and collected by another car and if the car had been a integra or neon it would have no front end instead of one that has a slight curve to the right

andy
07-17-2010, 05:54 PM
i would love to dirt race a 5gen, you need a 3sgte swap to make that car get it.

Celicadirtracer
07-18-2010, 05:46 AM
:phatyo:Yes it's been great I raced the old car twice :cooltake:, it's been great for him as far as grades and just growing Up very proud of him:you_rock:. We have to run n/a that's turbo by the T in model # right, we got 5 cars now all 5gen his first street car is a 93 gt that has a nice amount of the options available to that year as it's the last of the 5's. We have a sprint and mini sprint as well but have grown to really love our Toyota's so we will be around for a while on this site as it has lot of smart people that are helpful in a nice way.

P.S. Trying to earn our post count with good questions and helpful feedback :beerchug::