PDA

View Full Version : BC + Alberta

acidice333
06-19-2010, 03:33 AM
Ok so I'm planning on making a trip to Banff and Jasper, and possibly Yoho. Is there anything else worth it around the border area?

I thought about the Dino's but thats always been a Maybe for me.

jsooke
06-20-2010, 05:37 AM
The Kootenay's is a beautiful area with some good drives, maybe on the way back if you have time?

The area of Banff/Jasper is beautiful, but a bit touristy, especially during the summer. The tram ride up the mountain in Banff is worth the time and money.

Jay

Tara
06-21-2010, 11:47 PM
The Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller is AWESOME. Dinosaurs are cool.

Banff is nice, but uber touristy... there are a veritable plethora of hikes in the area that are worth checking out. Grassi Lakes near Canmore, and Elbow Falls are neat places to go for a light hike.

What interests you??

acidice333
06-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Sweet I'll check out Elbow Falls probably it looks good.

Haha I've been in Alberta for almost a week and I've only been in Whitecourt, Alberta Lake, and Edmonton.

Probably gonna be either stopping or driving thru Calgary on Wednesday.

Gonna go shopping at Princess Auto today perhaps since its cheaper here than in BC (stupid GST+PST, or the later HST)

ChrisD
06-25-2010, 10:32 PM
I would say if you've never been, check out Banff. Go walk around for an afternoon, that should be good.

Elbow Falls is a good suggestion, a tonne of hiking and mtn biking trails in the area...so depends if you're into that or not. Canmore has great mountain biking, can rent bikes and ride a tonne of trails at the Nordic Centre.

acidice333
06-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Probably won't do any mountain biking or hiking since I'm gonna be around with a buddy and he's not into that kinda stuff :( but the easy stuff like going up Jasper on the tram and the Icefields is good.

I wouldn't mind hiking up a couple mountains here but thats not gonna happen haha.

Anyways off to bed.. back to Alberta Beach in the morning.. hopefully my car doesn't blow up I've had troubles lately I think due to the intercooler temps. I've never done like 120KM constantly on this setup before heh and so there were a couple times the car would buck and pull a CEL light. Could be fine and its just my AC that's superheating it, I dunno.

ChrisD
06-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Make sure to take it easy until you have a chance to check it out, definitely abnormal. Any idea what code?

I'm off to Edmonton for the day, but back home today too...just a quick trip up.