PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Videos of my Celica swap

Nemesis3S-GTE
04-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Hey guys, I finally got my Celica dyno tested on Saturday.

Here were the results:
Max horsepower: 228.0 @ 6150rpm
Max torque: 263.6 @ ~3500rpm

Here are two videos of the runs, the dyno graphs are posted in the Forced Induction sticky thread, along with the mods, and conditions of the runs.
(right-click save as please) They are big videos, sorry about that.

Engine/ Front View (http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/archives/media/dyno1.MPG)

Exhaust View (http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/archives/media/dyno3.MPG)

Colossus20v
04-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Ben it is nice to see the car running well. We will have to definitly meet up at Keystone sometime this summer. I wont race against you but definitly will chill. Will you be around this summer?

Keoni
04-12-2005, 03:26 AM
sweet, nice vids... what gear did you do the pulls in? Looking at the torque it looks like a 4th gear pull. I am suprised that even with the stock turbo,TMIC and stock DP with 2.5" crush bent exhaust that you hit that much horsepower at 13-14 psi. I am thinking of getting my swap dynoed again but do a 4th gear pull and video tape it as well.

Nemesis3S-GTE
04-12-2005, 04:51 AM
Keoni, it was actually a 3rd gear pull. I was pretty surprised too, especially since this dyno was supposed to be more like a Mustang dyno than a DynoJet (read: lower average numbers). Big_PimpN, I will be at Keystone this Sunday actually. I don't know if I am going to run without getting a Walbro or Supra pump unless I turn the boost down, but I will be watching at least.

ChrisD
04-12-2005, 05:56 AM
Very cool man. Want me to upload these vids to the celicatech server?

:bigthumbu

Sean
04-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Wowsers man, maybe i picked the wrong engine in the end!

I just dumped 1400 dollars into a coolant leak, and low and behold the block is most likely cracked!

Keoni
04-12-2005, 07:00 AM
3rd gear? Wow! I know that john stokes was able to get about that much torque also with the TMIC but he had the aussie downpipe and 3" exhaust but the celica still couldnt hit 228 whp at 15 psi. It could be the short distance the air travels in the TMIC that makes the low end torque. Also the MBC helps too since the stock VSV is crap, I noticed that boost would build lower in the rpm's after the boost controller was installed. What kind of muffler is that? I like the sound of it!

Nemesis3S-GTE
04-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks guys for the support, those numbers almost made 4 months of cursing and kicking and almost a year and a half of downtime (orig. installation problems with wrong parts, and the rebuild) worth it. Especially since my friend with an RSX-S WON'T race me anymore, he only put down 188hp with a decent amount of mods. :hehe:

Chris, you are more than welcome to upload the vids.

Holy crap Sean, this is the first I've heard about this from you! I hope it turns out to be ok for you, if you need any parts I'll see what I can find around here.

Keoni, I know the torque seems high, the max torque graph does make it look like the boost spiked, but i had it set to 15 psi, and it didn't even get up to 14 on my gauge which may show 1 psi more than actual. The car was cool for the first few runs which did skew some of the numbers and gave me some weird A/F readings. I think the max hp graph may have been one of those. That is why the torque is only around 255 for that one. The last few runs it was around 259-263.
Oh, the muffler is a Magnaflow 3". It is a straight through design, it may be a little loud due to the lack of a resonator in my car, but it is nothing horrible. I love my intake though, it makes the turbo sound much louder, it might even help out air flow a LITTLE (remember, the AFM is in the way still for me). I can barely hear the turbo in the All-Trac now after driving the beast for the last few weeks.

jburner21
04-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Damn it's nice to see other guys on here from pittsburgh :D

I'm gonna put some pics up on here of my celi, so you'll know who I am when I'm sayin what's up to u

ChrisD
04-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Chris, you are more than welcome to upload the vids.

There you go. ;)

http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/archives/media/dyno1.MPG
http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/archives/media/dyno3.MPG

GT4SOM
04-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Wow you car sound great! That is very impressive for a swap. I'm getting my intake done as soon as I recieve the piping from vertexnow.com. I wonder if it will sound louder with it. Anyways kudos on that run! I bet its well worth the time and money you put into it.

Lagos
04-15-2005, 07:05 PM
really nice numbers! the exhasut sounds good for a 3in.

MoralWarfare
04-15-2005, 08:20 PM
damn, very nice numbers :) the celi sounds great too. You don't happen to have your dyno charts available online, do you?

ConSynX
04-19-2005, 04:39 AM
sweet, you Got R Dun!

nice run

Nemesis3S-GTE
04-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Chris, thanks for uploading those for me. Lagos, it is only a 2.5 inch exhaust. I am not really planning on making a lot more power than I already am with this car (that's the All-Trac's job :D ), so i figured the 2.5 would be fine. I did used to think it was loud, but I've heard some REALLY loud cars recently that made me think differently :ugh: . Moral, the dyno charts are posted in the dyno thread in the FI forum here, you should be able to save them from there. I do have the original scanned images, but they are HUGE!! Feel free to send me a PM if you would like those.

Thanks again everyone, being pleasntly surprised by the power the engine made definitely justified the 3 months of waiting for the right parts and installing the engine, and the year of downtime after it blew up. Well, maybe it didn't completely justify THAT, but it sure made me feel better.... :D

nvusgt
04-19-2005, 06:36 PM
damn that sounds good, and SHIT, i want this swap SO BAD LOL!!!!

arg, i can't wait. Man keep it up, thats so awsome you have it running well. Alot of people prolly don't expect to get there ass kicked by a 13yr old celica........hehe LOL!!!!

Nemesis3S-GTE
04-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks man. Unfortunately people don't seem to want to race me in the red Celica. Not that I really try but the last time i pissed around some girl in a V6 Mustang saw just how fast a 3S powered Celica can go. Unfortunately again (at least for her) I was in the All-Trac, which feels extremely slow to me now. My buddy with his RSX-S doesn't want to race me anymore at the strip due to the fact that he only put down 188 FWHP on the same dyno as me, and he only weighs about 40-60 pounds less than my setup. Oh well, there ARE a lot of expensive BMW's here with little rich kids driving them, I just don't really like racing on the street anymore.

ChrisD
04-19-2005, 08:23 PM
No problem. ;) Feel free to change the links in your original post and make use of the ct bandwidth. :)

Nemesis3S-GTE
04-19-2005, 10:48 PM
No problem. ;) Feel free to change the links in your original post and make use of the ct bandwidth. :)

Thanks for reminding me :) , I completely forgot... :slap:

johnL
04-20-2005, 01:58 AM
I would like to know the air/fuel ratio after 3500 rpm. Do you have anything controling it or stock ecu? Also, very nice vids and I love the sound man!!!

John L.

Nemesis3S-GTE
04-20-2005, 05:58 AM
Sadly, the fuel system is completely stock. The A/F ratios are posted on the dyno graphs in the FI forum as well. They were high, but that may have been due to the fact that it was a tailpipe sniffer instead of an actual welded in wideband sensor. Nevertheless, I am seriously looking into fuel mods here in the very near future. I don't think I'll ever want much more than 300whp from this car, but I still want to make sure I can achieve that number safely. I'd much rather spend a little more than is needed to make sure I don't have to go through another rebuild for a while.