PDA

View Full Version : Timing, IPW, etc etc

Blackcloud
06-15-2010, 12:41 AM
so im going to be a beta tester for our new RMT (race management tuner) basically its going to be loaded with a hot tune, 180+hp and give you adjust ability options. it lets you change timing, injector pulse width, fuel pressure, and some other things. *gonna get it tomorrow so im not 100% sure whats on it*

im a n00b when it comes to tuning things. so how and which directions would i want to adjust thoes settings to gain the best mileage/power?

v8killer
06-15-2010, 02:15 AM
son you have a diesel, most of us here are all addicted to gasoline. i would say more boost more fuel and leave the timing.

can i call you sootcloud instead?

Blackcloud
06-15-2010, 02:03 PM
lol... i was figuring that that tuning concepts were more or less the same.

i was told that if i crank up the pulse width that the trucks smoke like a bitch... which to me that just screams crank it up and hit the nitrous. :hehe:

and yes, you can call me soot cloud

ChrisD
06-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Well, basically set the A/F to where you need it to be, then adjust the timing until optimal performance is reached. There, summed up the entire theory of tuning in one sentence. :hehe:

Fuel is pretty easy, just try to get to your target A/F. Timing is more tricky, and I'm not familiar at all with diesel's, but in the gasoline world basically adding advance will increase spool, power, and lower EGT's, however increase the propensity to detonation.

You have a good tuner at your shop I take it?

v8killer
06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
there it is and you HAVE to post a pic of the soot cloud, sootcloud lol

i was next to a guy with a well done up ford diesel and he did this burnout and all i see is a big ass black cloud devour my car so i launched to escape it. he told me it was like my car was a rocket taking off with the smoke LMAO too bad there was no pics....

Blackcloud
06-16-2010, 12:49 AM
check out my youtube vid dude
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqNKEz7FX4M

ok.. so i got the files today.. it will allow me to change fuel pressure, fuel rate, injector pulse width, and timing. all on the fly

the guys at the shop basicly said that cranking up the fuel and pusle widths will give me power, and that cranking timing will give me mileage. but that if i crank them too far that ill stretch my heads. :hehe:

i think that cranking the fuel rates and all that up then hitting the nitrous would result in awesome gains

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/9/dsc01692.jpg

i also picked up a new downloader today. gonna test this set of files on my old one. then eventually switch to the bigger unit
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/9/dsc01693.jpg

v8killer
06-16-2010, 06:42 AM
lol nice vid now you need more BOOST!

Blackcloud
06-16-2010, 02:07 PM
i make 26lbs. thats the great thing about having a VNT turbo, does not need alot of boost to build power.

but i need like $10k in mods for more boost,, tranny, turbo, fuel system $$$$$$$$$$

Blackcloud
06-16-2010, 02:08 PM
i make 26lbs. thats the great thing about having a VNT turbo, does not need alot of boost to build power.

but i need like $10k in mods for more boost,, tranny, turbo, fuel system $$$$$$$$$$

Blackcloud
06-18-2010, 01:37 AM
ok so it was finally dry today and i went out and tooled around abit. i mainly played with the fuel settings. if i crank them up to 20% over you can def tell that power was added, mainly due to the way the transmission shifts when its givin extra power. the problem is that just like my 100shot of nitrous, you cant feel the power.. so i guess im gonna have to spend some time on our dyno to see wtf is up