PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver?

TXcajunman
06-11-2010, 04:57 AM
we are planning on getting married on 10-10-10 in Boise ID. and were thinking about going to Canada in particular Vancouver.for our honeymoon and we wondering if there was anything that natives would suggest doing ,going to ,eat at. we like some touristy stuff but would also love knowing a great place to go that is off the beaten tract.want some romantic time(away from the masses) and fun stuff to keep us both entertained:hippy::feedback:

vergucci
06-11-2010, 06:05 AM
there is something worth seeing
its called
harrison hot springs = hote/dining/ and ofc hot springs.

also if u want to sight seeing while dining
visit top vancouver revolving restaurant.

GT4RC
06-11-2010, 10:47 AM
there is something worth seeing
its called
harrison hot springs = hote/dining/ and ofc hot springs.

also if u want to sight seeing while dining
visit top vancouver revolving restaurant.

Beat me to it with the hot springs...

make sure to take a water taxi to/from granville island.

what area are you staying?

pintoBC_3sgte
06-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Lol if it's for ur honeymoon don't go to Any cactus club restaurants.. Ull get caught staring at the servers :p

good food tho.. Lol

ChrisD
06-11-2010, 05:01 PM
I've only been to Vancouver a couple times, mostly downtown. Gastown is nice to see, a staple is the old spaghetti factory there, check the steaming clock while there. However make sure to miss East Hastings street, shady area...

Bike ride around Stanley Park is nice, can rent bikes all around downtown.

Some good restaurants in the harbour area.

Other than that best to listen to the locals, they know better than I do!

Tara
06-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Granville Island is really cool! Ditto with riding around Stanley Park.

TXcajunman
06-11-2010, 08:15 PM
not sure where we would be staying honestly she hasn't made up her mind what she wants to do..lol i just thought about going up there never been and love driving new places. thanks for all the great ideas so far. biking around sounds nice and we both love natural hot springs...whats on the island with the water taxi?

Galcobar
06-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Granville Island isn't an island, it's a former industrial peninsula that's become home to an interesting open market -- but it's on the water and it's more fun to access it by the water taxi than by driving (and easier to get find than by road).

Are you outdoorsy, like to see things (museums), or cultural tourists?

Best sushi in the world (Japanese come to Vancouver for it) is Tojo's, but most sushi restaurants in the area are better than most cities. If you're into mountain biking the North Shore mountains where where freeriding as a term was coined, or you could check out Squamish -- though by October the weather may have turned. If it's halfway decent, I suggest hiking up the back of the Stawamus Chief (or climbing the front if you're both expert rock climbers). A more sedate bike outing would be to rent and tour around Stanley Park. Might even still be able to rent a kayak to paddle around in the bay.

You're coming in shoulder season, so lines shouldn't be a problem. You could even go skiing on Blackcomb glacier.

Edit: final thought, the new Beaty Biodiversity Museum at UBC is very impressive, particularly its complete blue whale skeleton. It's not open yet but is supposed to be by this fall.

Terracar
06-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Well the fiance and I are getting married in 1week +1 day and we are honeymooning in Vancouver and Victoria - we got a great rate at the Empress and Pac Rim.

I have a decent list of stuff in Victoria with a few things in Vancouver. Robson square & Canada place and Jetboat tours - we are only spending 1 night in Van.

Victoria has zip line tours, whale watching, Butchart Gardens, Butterfly gardens (lame IMO), Horse drawn carriages, wax museum and Craigdarroch Castle.

Sadly the highlight for me is the ferry back to the US - Absynthe is my new addiction of choice and we can pic some up when we hit international waters.

-Terracar

vergucci
06-11-2010, 10:22 PM
victoria u say?
visit the botanical garden, and catch her supsrise with a nice pink flower

TXcajunman
06-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Terracar whats a good rate?lol haven't even called around or anything yet.where did you get all your info the net.?
Galcobar honestly we like just about everything being outdoors maybe camping museums eating zoo's whale watching would be cool

Galcobar
06-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Trouble is by October the weather's pretty unpredictable -- you can have days where it's sunny and warm, and days where it's pouring rain. You won't have to worry about snow, though.

I suggest hitting http://www.vancouver-bc.com/ and http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/SightsActivitiesEvents/BritishColumbia.htm

I suggest trying white-river rafting if you the season permits -- fun and reasonably safe. You're too early in the winter to get in an eagle rafting trip, which can be pretty impressive (Brackendale, an area of Squamish, holds an annual bald eagle count which puts it second in the world for population).

acidice333
06-13-2010, 04:19 AM
Victoria's awesome! :)