PDA

View Full Version : JDM ST205 boost maps

gt4tified
06-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Hey guys,

What are the stock boost maps like on the JDM ST205? What is boost cut set at? What afr's do the JDM ST205 maps run and are they pig rich like the ST185?

I am considering swapping across a ST205 ecu on my engine (yes I have the map, igniter and ait sensors too) and pushing the engine to around 20psi on an AVC-R boost controller, with water injection.

Thanks!

Shadowlife25
06-11-2010, 12:26 AM
pushing the engine to around 20psi on an AVC-R boost controller, with water injection.

Thanks!

Why do you need gen3 electronics to do that?
Joel (Sloceli) does that on his gen2 on stock gen2 electronics.

Not knocking the idea at all though. From everything I have heard and experienced, the gen3 electronics make things more stable and smooth.

As for richness, I do not have a chart, but it is as rich as any other TOYOTA ecu, so...

ChrisD
06-11-2010, 05:23 AM
All about smoothness of driving. 205 drives so "crisply" it is awesome. So that's one reason to do it for sure, and worth it imho.

As for maps, cut is at 17psi I believe, runs pretty rich but hard to say how that compares with the 185. I'm sure we could dig up some wideband charts from somewhere. Heck, I should figure a way to pop in my wideband on my 205 sometime. Too many projects for now tho. I'll dig around and see what I can find. :)

You have a ct20b also?

Funkycheeze
06-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Rich. When i'm behind Tara you can definetly see some brown, alot more than with my car on the AEM, much closer to when I was on the stock 7MGT ECU.

I would wager 10.5 - 11.0 AFR, probably closer to 10.5

gt4tified
06-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the response.

Mario, the reason is that I want to ditch the afm for one, secondly, I'll be running a gen2 head that is configured to make power like a gen3:

Gen3 valvetrain components
Gen3 cams
Supra 550cc injectors
Siamiesed (& ported) gen2 intake manifold
SS tubular JDM exhaust manifold
CT20b turbo
bored fuel rail (8mm)
TVIS deleted & adapter/spacer

I have a standalone ems to control everything but have decided to otherwise. The gen2 ecu does not have afaik fuel maps for 20psi and without a fuel controller of some sort, just putting water/meth injection and using a wideband is too much guesswork in my book, especially since I will be autocrossing the car come next season.

The reason I am not going with the standalone is that the auto-x rules have changed and I would suffer too many class bumps with a standalone vs. an oem ecu. Cars are classed based on pwr. to weight but also take into account aftermarket mods. A standalone ems and a boost controller together are by themselves a class bump.

BabyBear
06-11-2010, 06:04 PM
If you are autoxing with those mods you'll be in SSM anyway, so why not go EMS?

Luni
06-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Gen3 ECU doesnt have maps to 20psi either.

tubasteve
06-13-2010, 01:21 AM
i run way rich on gen3 as well. pops at times, 10-11.5afr @ 10-12psi id say and 10.3 @ 8.5 psi. ill video when i can and data log. could be way off on my numbers.

gt4tified
06-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Gen3 ECU doesnt have maps to 20psi either.

If the gen3 maps go up to 18psi, then I'm fine with that for autox, but for the street, I'll be turning up to 20psi because I have the WI wired to switch on from 15psi.

Our autox rules and classifications in the Caribbean are different to yours in North America. A class bump is 6 points and a standalone ems is 4 points and boost controller is 2 pts. I'd rather use the oem ecu (no penalty) and rack up the penalty points from suspension goodies. :biggthumpup:

Luni
06-15-2010, 07:22 AM
You cant even run 20 psi on a Gen3 ECU. You hit fuel cut around ~18 psi.

You cant use a normal FCD either. You can use a zeiner diode and voltage clamp it to right below fuel cut, get maybe a few pounds more. But youre in unknown territory for mapping.

Not sure if thats a good idea.

gt4tified
06-22-2010, 08:07 PM
You cant even run 20 psi on a Gen3 ECU. You hit fuel cut around ~18 psi.

You cant use a normal FCD either. You can use a zeiner diode and voltage clamp it to right below fuel cut, get maybe a few pounds more. But youre in unknown territory for mapping.

Not sure if thats a good idea.

Thanks Luni, you have some good points, which lead me back to the drawing board.

Hmmmm.....