PDA

View Full Version : Interior Piece Removal

FluffyNutts
05-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I am trying to get part of my interior out, its the piece that the AC buttons and stuff its on, under interior removal for 5th gen it shows its held in by 5 screws which I removed. There is stuff behind the ac buttons and such I cant figure out how to disconect to get it off, any ideas?

celica91gts
05-26-2010, 11:39 PM
there are clips on the wires going into the switches if you look closely. just push the button/clip and you can pull the plug out.

Brad68
05-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi, i am having the same issue removing the dash parts, i have managed to remove all of the plugs and clips however the thing that is still stopping me from removing the part completely is the cables linked up to the heater dial that go into the engine bay. How do i remove them or separate them from the rest of the dash panel?

FluffyNutts
05-27-2010, 01:16 AM
thanks 91gts

Galcobar
05-27-2010, 02:30 AM
Okay, the part you're trying to remove is the HVAC control panel (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning).

Aside from the wiring connections, there are two cables attached to the hot/cold dial which are a bit of a pain. One is in the engine bay, right at the firewall. It's a cable with a blue sleeve. This must be disconnected -- happily there is a tube leading to the firewall so it's fairly simple to reinsert, but I like to tie a long wire to the engine bay end of it. The other is a bit trickier to reconnect, but easier to find initially. This cable is connected down in the driver's side footwell. It's not covered by a panel -- basically if you find the point where the carpet no longer meets the console side panel, you'll find it. That one I definitely recommend attaching a wire to allow for retrieval.

Once you've disconnected those two cables and the electronic connectors for the HVAC panel, the cluster surround comes off (presuming you've undone the nine screws necessary).

FluffyNutts
05-27-2010, 02:56 AM
ugh, I thought it was going to be easier than that :P I seen the one under the center console held on by a rotating clip and I unscrewed it. Now just one more to go.

joe's gt
05-27-2010, 08:39 AM
yeah, just stick with it and go slowly and carefully. Even experienced guys have trouble with interior stuff sometimes. Some of it can be a pain.

Galcobar
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Wait, unscrewed the cable? Neither cable, far as I've seen, is screwed onto anything. Though it doesn't help that you did not post and your profile does not list your year/trim.

FluffyNutts
05-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Sorry, it is a 1993 Celica... GT I believe.