PDA

View Full Version : '00 GTS with 96K; dashboard lights question

celicakucool
05-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi, iam new here. I just bought '00 gts manual with 96K on it. Everything it seems fine but there are some dash lights are not working. The only warning lights that working are brake, engine oil, and seat belt light; other warning lights (ABS/check engine/etc's..) are not working. What is the first thing I need to check/replace/do?:thinking:
(the airbag light keeps on) Thanks in advance.

MCcelica
05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Are they supposed to be working or are they just not coming on? I mean are you supposed to be illuminating a check engine light?

celicakucool
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
yes, i want to fix it to a stock dash if possible. Simply words, when I first click the key, there are only couple lights on as I mentioned above but there are no check engine light, ABS, etc..lights at all. It is supposed "on" at the first click right as other cars do.

Smaay
05-27-2010, 03:50 AM
yes when you turn the key to on without starting it, all the lights should light up. you might want to take the gauge out to see if the LED's were changed to a different color. there is an install guide on newcelica.org.

celicakucool
05-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks, I'll do it tonight or tomorrow.

Idiot Stick
05-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Very dumb question, but it has to be asked. When you say lights, you mean the lights for the cluster and radio and climate controls, yes? They aren't on? Check the dimmer thing on left of the steering wheel. Make sure its turned all the way over. Also, find the fuse box and see if its a blown fuse. It happens.

donteatbugs
05-27-2010, 08:45 PM
if the car runs and the cel doesnt work it might be the led in the cluster.

MCcelica
05-27-2010, 09:15 PM
You will probably have to pull the cluster. Those should all light up when you turn the key to acc. It could be the LEDs like bugs said, or the wires going to those LEDs. Only way to find out is to find out.

celicakucool
05-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Will do, thanks.