PDA

View Full Version : about my knee for those that care

ronin
04-10-2005, 05:03 AM
okay story so far - martial arts training a couple weeks ago (wednesday 22/3/05??).. while doing a mid level round kick with left leg, my base leg (right) twisted my knee funny, it poped out of joint and popped back into place. couldnt walk or do anything.. jumped in car and with much difficulty drove 40 minutes to my home. docs(my normal GP was booked out so i went to some random) on thursday.. strongest painkillers available, referal to surgeon, and away i go. ordered to keep on crutches.

easter weekend did nothing due to buggered knee.

thuesday comes i got back to my regular doctor cause the referal to the orthopedic surgeon the other lady gave me was a dud. my regular GP sent me to a physio.. who said she;d love to help but my knee was down to less than 30% mobility and couldnt put me into a postision to even try some excercises.

back to GP, who sends me to an orthapedic. a real one. some huy who used to do the work on all the AFL (our version of grid iron.. national sport.. never goes out of aus though) players, who do knees in regularly. was feared at this stage i might need a complete reconstruction..

go to ortho, who incidently works in the hospital behind where i did the injury in the first place, who sends me to get MRI scan done. seems to think medial ligament is okay, but unsure and anterial ligament. 99% suire i have decimated my midial meniascus.. or the cartledge that runs around the inside of my right knee. if you picture the cartlege like a wedge shape fork, they think i have torn the outside rim open and it has rolled ontop of the remaining part, which is what is stoping me from being able to move my knee.

what this means: i have to pay for the lot. i dont have private health insurance. so it comes out of my pocket. ATM its cost me close to a greand, and looks like costing me a further $2000 at least, not including physio after the surgery or an other recovery forms i choose to take up.. which at this stage will be including hydro and weights.

th celica is going. tomorrow i take it to find out what i need for a roadworthy to make it more sellable.. and im putting a for sale sign on it. im hoping ill be able to buy an older celica as a run around car. but ive set a 2G budget on a car, so ill have to wait and see.

so inside of this month, i probably wont be a celica owner. not 100% on this, but its looking that way. id still like to mod the aus section. At the moment im on here a bit due to alot of time, and im still a bit mobile.. but for at least a few weeks after the surgery ill probably be bed bound and wont be here.

tomorrow morning i get the results of the MRI.. ill find out exactly what i have done, and will be booked in to get operated on..

BlackGT4
04-10-2005, 08:08 AM
oh man. that sux.
sorry to hear it.. hope you get better soon mate.. i'll keep an eye out for old celicas for ya.

Aust162
04-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Man thats sucks.. sorry to hear :(

And about selling your celica:whats the reason for that?to pay medical bills??? sorry it's the first i've heard of it, i ain't that up-to-date. :)

ROME
04-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Dude, you really did some damage then.. I didn't think it was going to be that bad.. It's a shame you have to sell the celica but your health comes first.. You'll be on the hunt for a gt4 in no time.

This same thing happened to a guy at karate when I used to train. He was wearing new runners and the floor boards had been cleaned. He did I mid hight round house kick and his base foot was supposed to pivot but his shoes had to much grip. So his knee twisted completely out of place. Makes me not want to go back.

Dude, take car and keep off that leg. You could do permeant damage (like you don't already know) And you are always welcome to mod here man.

ronin
04-10-2005, 02:21 PM
yeah car has to go to cover medical bills. op alone will cost close to 2G. not money i have sitting around. i love my car.. but i got to prioritise.

rome.. exactly the same as what ive done.. i felt my kee pop out of place.. and then back in while i was lying on the ground.. not an experience i suggest everyone try thats for sure..
im determined as hell to go back.. i wasn meant to be going for my second degree black belt end of this year.. i doubt ill make it back to fitness in time, but i want to be there training by then.

thanks for the support guys.. its appreciated. i find out in 10 hours the exact damage.. im nervous as hell thats for sure..

kenshin
04-10-2005, 05:54 PM
dw dan ur still a celica buddy even if u dont have one but its sad to see u part with it n all. Sh*t happens to the best of us, and its aiight u can cruize with me ill pick u up since were sorta near eachother n all.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-10-2005, 11:00 PM
a small set back mate. Once you get back on ya legs again, celica's will be cheap and u'll be in heaven again.

sorry to hear. my bro's gone thru 2 knee recontrucions, and it ain't preatty.

ronin
04-11-2005, 02:34 AM
i dont have to get a kne reco so im lucky.. its not quite as bad as that. i go in next week to have an arthroscop done and a section of my cartlege removed. they arent sure if they have to cut it out or if they can screw it back together yet.. and i wont know until they have done it.

robbie
04-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Jaemus has 4th gen for sale for round 2k-2200 i think..

Classique71
04-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Ill keep my eye out for a hawt oldschooler for you dude - if not - save up and become a member of club Gt4 :)

ronin
04-13-2005, 02:14 AM
i want to become a member of 2 wheels only first man hahaha.

im back.. lost alot of parts a knee is meant to have.. but im alive and well so i guess i cant complain. having alot of time off work though.. halo 2 and doom 3 is gunna own me.

ronin
04-21-2005, 05:07 AM
just back from surgeon.. awesome news!! operation went really well.. the doc that did it was soo tired he told mum the resulst from a different op apprently.. i didnt lose a ligament at all.. my cartlege was torn really funny though.. looked like it had stabbed with a knife (not that i know of) but ill be back to 100% in a couple months.. back to work in a couple weeks.. so im stoked.. all is well!

i got pics from inside my knee if you are really interested.

Elliott
04-21-2005, 05:50 AM
:D great news... does this mean the celica stays :D?

ronin
04-22-2005, 06:27 AM
really possible.. will have to wait and see.. the loan for the op has actually been a blessing.. so i might be able to keep it and get a bike.. will know soon.

pics if interested are here

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5164

Aust162
04-22-2005, 06:37 AM
hey Dan what type of bike do you wanna get? btw does any other celicatech members ride motorbikes?

I've got a grey import CBR250RR, still on my L's. hehe

ronin
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
ill probably just satrt on a bandit or a VTR.. cheap naked bike so when i drop it i dont have fairings to fix..

then ill get a ZX6R.. and it'll be on like donkey kong..

dream bike is an aprillia RSV mille.. maybe when im about 35 ill end up with one as my weekender, with a zx10r as my daily.

i know wyldie rides a bike.. ive been hearing all about his new gixxer 750.. bastard.. im soo jelous of him.

robbie
04-23-2005, 01:14 AM
someone at my work has a modified Suzuki hyabusa FUCKING HAMMERS!
http://www.bikepics.com/members/breewarren/99hayabusa/

ronin
04-23-2005, 01:42 AM
yeah ive heard of peopel doing crazy mods to bikes. litre bikes with turbos and superchargers and nitrous.. i mean really.. why the fuck you want to mod a busa for! thing does 320 and gets there fuckin quick.. +1 turbo.. PSYCHO!!

i love eet!

man that gold colour is sweet a.. love it.

robbie
04-23-2005, 03:16 AM
He bought it modified for round 10k i think?
0-100 in 2secs