PDA

View Full Version : Got my plates - Yay!

klapa
05-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Well, I got my Trac registered today and even walked out with new plates valid for a year.

That might not seem like such an accomplishment - unless you happen to live in NC and must deal with the dreaded "inspection" every year - not to mention the really anal requirements for the paperwork.

I came here from Georgia - and there you only need sign the registration to transfer a car over 10 years old or so. Not here - in NC you not only need to have the title - but BOTH parties must be present and the title must be notarized in the presence of both.

After that - there comes the "inspection" - both safety and emissions - as far as I know for ANY car less than ~20 y.o. Part of this inspection is that if your car has ANY CEL code - it fails. Also - the CEL light must be illuminated when you turn on the ignition (no removing the light here).

So - compared to "Aunt Georgia" - "Aunt Caroline" is a little more persnickety.

Luckily for me - this car had been inspected within 90 days of my buying it - thus I have a year before I must be subjected to another one.

Thus I'm "on the road" for a year anyway and can drive and road test the car as I make changes.

Okctrd
05-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Congrats man!

glad oklahoma don't have this inspection checks. :)

Grot
05-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Yea, in TN you just gotta have a signed title.

pinoyGT4
05-25-2010, 06:17 AM
here in PI you just gotta have a few extra hundred bucks.. :D

kidding...

andy
05-25-2010, 06:43 AM
no inspection in alabama, if we had that, 90% of the ppl driving couldnt.

klapa
05-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Well - maybe I need to move . . . just can't find electronics work here in the south other than RTP - so I'll guess I just need to get used to "Aunt Caroline".

Maybe things will be good next year - as by that time the '91 Trac will be "twenty" - and much fresher than he is now.

Note that the "Trac" is a "he" rather than a "she".

All "beeznezz" - that's my "boy".