PDA

View Full Version : found an mk1 mr2 what you guys think?

celicaturbo700
05-20-2010, 07:00 AM
http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/1739621376.html
he is selling as a "parts car" but if a clean title can be had and with the shit thats already on it and the engine and trans out of the car ready for a rebuild this looks like a sweeeeeet deal. i asked for rust pics. will post rust pics if he sends me them. if its not bad it may be the car for the silvertop i want.

Car_Barn_Bandit
05-20-2010, 08:50 AM
If the body isn't bad and the title is clear, looks like a good project. Make sure the frame is straight.

I gave up on my GTS because of how far the rust actually extended when I started work on it. Get underneath and look at the floorboards. If you have a suspicion about something, you're probably right.

Hipster Lawrence
05-20-2010, 01:24 PM
It is a super deal even if the chassis is completely rusted out.

I don't think I'd want to mess with a rusty mk1 though rust is evil and will eat the whole car and mk1s are prone to it. But if the rust is really just in the 1/4 panels then go for it. As cheap as it is you could buy it for a parts car and get another clean shell to put you 20v in.

If you have a place to park this car and work on it or possibly part it out then do it. mk1s are awesome and that one looks really good.

If you do buy it and need parts I'm parting one out. If you decide to part yours out let me know I'm sure there are parts I need on it.

Make sure you drive a 20v powered car and decide if that's what you want before you do the swap though. You can do a GZE for the same money as a ST.

Also If I had it to do over again I would get a blacktop, they are only a few hundred bucks more.

andy
05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
like erebody else said, do not want! Rust is a bitch to fix and do it right. much easier finding one with little to none.

celicaturbo700
05-20-2010, 06:27 PM
the pics dont show any rust

It is a super deal even if the chassis is completely rusted out.

I don't think I'd want to mess with a rusty mk1 though rust is evil and will eat the whole car and mk1s are prone to it. But if the rust is really just in the 1/4 panels then go for it. As cheap as it is you could buy it for a parts car and get another clean shell to put you 20v in.

If you have a place to park this car and work on it or possibly part it out then do it. mk1s are awesome and that one looks really good.

If you do buy it and need parts I'm parting one out. If you decide to part yours out let me know I'm sure there are parts I need on it.

Make sure you drive a 20v powered car and decide if that's what you want before you do the swap though. You can do a GZE for the same money as a ST.

Also If I had it to do over again I would get a blacktop, they are only a few hundred bucks more.
noone in my area has a 20v. and why get a blacktop?

Hipster Lawrence
05-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Cause the blacktop has more powah.

Boycott!Swagger
05-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Looks like a pretty solid car, i would get it if there isn't a terrible rust problem, even it does have a rust problem i find myself regretting not buying a 100 dollar celica for parts i didn't think i would need down the road...now i do lol