PDA

View Full Version : Sideskirts

Boycott!Swagger
05-17-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm looking to go towards a clean look, and therefore im replacing the whole body. I already have a couple things lined up. As for the sideskirts i'm not quite sure where i should look, or what i should get.

Should i just go to a junkyard and look for a solid pair? Also i heard people talk about vert skirts on a coupe. Does this look better?

Any help and ideas are welcome

MCcelica
05-17-2010, 11:03 PM
What gen do you have? I snagged a set of side skirts from a 6gen coupe from the yota yard in Denver. I got another set on the way. If you got a 6gen, one of the two sets can be easily yours. If not, I'm sure we could mock them up and if they fit... they can just as easily be yours... Lmk.

Boycott!Swagger
05-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Oh haha i totally forgot its a fifth gen coupe, i read some stuff on alltrac.net about 6th gen skirts on a 5th, unfortunately im in iowa atm and my broken car is why im here haha. If you could do a measurement on the pair you would rather get rid of and send pics i'd still love to talk about it.

Thanks a ton man :D

MCcelica
05-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Take your time. I don't have a measuring device here. I have one in fort collins though, which is why I don't want to go buy another one. Soonest I'd be able to get measurements would be this coming weekend. :)

Galcobar
05-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Another alternative are the sideskirts which came stock on fifth-gen convertibles.

Boycott!Swagger
05-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Take your time. I don't have a measuring device here. I have one in fort collins though, which is why I don't want to go buy another one. Soonest I'd be able to get measurements would be this coming weekend. :)

Any time is fine, thanks.

I've heard about the convertable skirts, are they really that different? If yes, better or worse on the car?

Galcobar
05-18-2010, 10:03 AM
The convertibles were the only ones to come with skirts stock, AFAIK.

MCcelica
05-18-2010, 04:45 PM
As far as the 6gen goes, I'll find out first hand. Not sure about the 5gen. The ones I have actually have two pieces per side so you can adjust the length to a certain extent. Not a lot, but a little.

Boycott!Swagger
05-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Well if they fit and look good, you pretty much have a buyer, because i would rather buy from the tech than go to some junkyard in iowa with a salty old redneck trying to sell my "formed" rust. Thanks guys i appreciate the help

zen
05-20-2010, 07:42 PM
6th gen sideskirts will work but its going to need a little trimming around the door. take a look.. this is from a 1991 celica gts.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/hmongboi_909/zens%201st%20project%20pics/SANY0799.jpg

Boycott!Swagger
05-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Thats not bad at all, appreciate the help zen :)