PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy OEM paints

MarcP
05-17-2010, 04:16 AM
Ok, so I want to paint some body work that I've done to my car, and I'm going to be getting the 3 piece spoiler soon (I hope) as well . . . problem is that I want to keep my original paint color . . . and I'm aware that chances are the other panels are going to be a bit faded after 20 years of the shit I've put it through, but I really like the color and want to stick with it.

I've got a 90 Celica GT, Grey/Graphite Metallic paint code 182 . . . I've already asked the Toyota dealers here if they can get it, but they told me that unless I'm a licensed body shop I'm SOL due to hazardous material laws blah blah bullshit. I've also looked through Duplicolor but they don't have that paint code.

Does anyone know where I can get it online? or if Toyota changed the paint code for the same paint color? I looked at one of Alltrac.net's threads and there was a Lexus that was painted graphite, looked similar to what the 90's Celicas came with, but I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me . . . any help would be much appreciated!

Nitro_Alltrac
06-06-2010, 03:54 AM
I don't know how the law is in Canada, but in the US all you have to do is take the paint code and go to an automotive paint store (PPG, DuPont, Shermin Williams, some NAPA's there are others) and they can mix the paint there. When I painted my car last year I got the paint from Shermin Williams. There are even companies on the internet that sell it. The laws might be different in Canada though.

bloodMoney
06-06-2010, 07:18 AM
^+1

I just bought some 199 from the local Napa here in MI to spray my new fender.