PDA

View Full Version : My 5th celica but 1st all trac!!! I'm pumped!

shreddr69
05-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Last week I got my 5th toyota celica. I've had a '79, '89, '86, '76 and now a white '88 all trac with a bad motor, so for the first time ever, I will be pulling a motor. Coincidentally, my brother has a dark blue '88 all trac with a bad motor so we will be yanking the motors together. We've always gotten along well, so hopefully throughout the experience we will continue to get along well! Since both cars are at his house, he's gonna have a hard time getting rid of me! :haha:
So I'm looking forward to asking and answering whatever I can! This is my first post, so I'll be seeing you!

ChrisD
05-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Cool! Rebuilding or tossing in a JDM replacement motor?

bloodMoney
05-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Funny, I'm on my fifth celica as well and my latest purchase was an 88 alltrac with a bad turbo.... :)

Go slow when pulling your first motor, remember to mark everything and you should be fine! Good luck!

Treskilyon09
05-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Two motors ... Rebuilding at the same time... I say one goes first and from ther = trial n error..

alternate.eago
05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Oh, cool! Just be careful not to mix up your parts! It'll be easy to get confused with 2 disassembled Tracs!

shreddr69
05-13-2010, 04:23 PM
We're gonna slap in some JDM replacements and yes ONE at a time! No confusing parts! AHHHHHH!! That'd suck!! I've done major engine work before, just no motor in and outs. I figure, a roll of masking tape, a sharpie and some ziploc bags and I'm good to go but at the first sign of trouble I'm comin' here to cry! LOL