PDA

View Full Version : Operation 5150

Mr.Shaun91
05-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Ok right off for those of you who do not know what 5150 stands for:

CODE 5150 is universal for government,police, and medical personal for "CRAZY/PSYCHOTIC/INSANE."

Now that we all understand this..... Terms of my multi-year project.

I am going to attempt to completely custom build my 91 GT-S. Revamping it from the original FWD 4 banger into a RWD monster powered by the 7mgte i picked up.

I have started to design the custom engine cradle that will be mounted under hood. Currently the engine bay is being stripped. All interior is gone minus the steering column and door panels.

some of you may be amazed. some of you may laugh. but when you think about how badass a 91 gts would be with a 600-900 hp 7mgte under the hood, its not so funny. its art.

An idea for the driveline is obviously the 7m, the tranny may possibly be a custom mounted T56 worldclass 6 speed, then attached to a Ford 8.8 IRS out of an 80's fox body Mustang.

yes this will take a very long time. yes it will take thousands of man hours. but how many ppl can say they did it? can you?

4thgenceli
05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi shawn!

So not selling the celi then? Glad to hear. Drop me a txt sometime if you need a hand. I may need to see if I can borrow your lift to drop my engine :P

Mr.Shaun91
05-10-2010, 07:04 PM
nope. cant do it. that car is like my other half. she is my baby. if it had a vagina i would probably marry her. lol

4thgenceli
05-10-2010, 07:06 PM
So is the Honduh the new toy you picked up? BTW..Grats on the other thing you told me! Totally slipped my mind :P

Mr.Shaun91
05-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Just so everyone knows what he means by "other thing" im having a baby. so yes the HONDA is the new family car... lol

oh and what do you guys think about the acronym i just came up with for "TOYOTA"?
ITS IN MY SIG

Siyx
05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
So let me get this straight? You managed to install a vagina on your 91 GT-S and now your having a baby?? Congrats !!
I'm kidding, why put a 7M-GTE in instead of a 1JZ ? 1JZ is a better engine, smaller footprint and easier to work on. (this coming from a guy who owns a MKIII Supra with a 7M-GTE in it)

Mr.Shaun91
05-10-2010, 07:48 PM
i was told by a few guys here in town that the 7m was pretty bulletproof. and parts were a bit cheaper.

***plus i picked this engine up for dirt cheap. block needs new pistons and the turbo system. oh and it needs to be honed, but thats all.

Murgatroy
05-10-2010, 09:02 PM
5150 is California Welfare Department for Involuntary Psychiatric Hold. Not universal. California only.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Anyways, the project, tube frame? What parts are you sourcing? I am excited to see it done, because I have been saying for years how easy it would be. The 8.8" in the Fox chassis was a solid axle. No Fox chassis ever came with an independent rear suspension. Those were the ~`99-`03 Cobras, only. Ever.

Good luck!

Siyx
05-10-2010, 09:14 PM
I had no issues with my 7M, still have no issues with it, but after seeing the size difference of a 7M and a 1JZ mounting in the same engine bay .... WOW i was blown away at all the extra space. The 1JZ was the bulletproof engine BTW. The 7M-GTE was great for "out of the box" modding well past 750hp with only "slight" mods. My engine is set for 358hp with simple boost of psi, intake and exhaust 3" front to rear. Port n polish and so on.
Watch out for the head gaskets on the 7M, the upper rear gaskets leaked quite frequently as well. I got oil pooling by my 2 rear spark plugs.I blew the steering fluid line off the car when i started it for the first time after winter, Then again she is 23 years old and sat covered in snow for months. I just gifted her to a guy who restores all types of Supra's and he will tell you the same thing about the engines. Anyways, good luck with it all !!

joe's gt
05-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Money can accomplish anything :hehe: Good luck and keep us updated!

Mr.Shaun91
05-10-2010, 10:11 PM
ya from proof the guy gave me and matching part numbers this engine is pretty built. but he cracked a piston under too much PSI. thats why it needs to be honed.
that 7M was dynoed at just over 650 WHP. but he kept the turbo system. so its N/A right now. i figure ill push 18-24 PSI through her and see how it comes out.

Siyx
05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Im only pushing 10 psi. If your going to go over 12 you will need a FCD with the 7M's. Also better fuel pump and injectors if you plan on going higher then 15 psi. As it is you will have to run premium fuel as well. They do go like stink though. Remember that if you put a turbo back on its the single entry CT26 that was stock on those.
On the other hand, if you plan on going stock pump and injectors then don't go any higher then 12 psi. The engine can handle that with its stock setup. That will take you from about 232 hp to approximately 270 hp. You can also make a manual boost controller for about $14.00 from your local hardware store (google it).

v8killer
05-11-2010, 03:49 AM
hey hey i have a suggestion, the bottom end on any inline six will cost the same to upgrade more or less so why not do a n/a 2jzgte then boost that, the head is designed better flow wise and well there are 1400+ hp 2jz's out there. you can find good semi inexpensive turbo kist for the 2jz and immagine saying hey wanna race my 2jz celica? i know i would say yes but well ya

2jzge/t the best combo i have seen my buddy has that setup can't say too much without his approval but lets just say procharged camaros on q16 race gas and m/t slicks can't keep up when all they would say before is oh little engines can't compete with big mucle.... LMAO

Mr.Shaun91
05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
5150 is California Welfare Department for Involuntary Psychiatric Hold. Not universal. California only.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Anyways, the project, tube frame? What parts are you sourcing? I am excited to see it done, because I have been saying for years how easy it would be. The 8.8" in the Fox chassis was a solid axle. No Fox chassis ever came with an independent rear suspension. Those were the ~`99-`03 Cobras, only. Ever.

Good luck!

see i was told different, now i need a new name for this project :zxflipoff:. and if thats the case about the rear end then ill just have to get it from the cobra model then. :( or find a suitable cheaper IRS...

on another note. my honda was impounded last night for 30 days due to a court screw up. and i cant do a damn thing about it.

anywho. i dont know if ill go tube on the frame... may just custom make some connecters to tie the whole frame together, just depends on how it needs to be done.

Grot
05-11-2010, 04:19 PM
You may have to tube frame it, dunno if the celica frame can handle the torque

Mr.Shaun91
05-11-2010, 04:25 PM
You may have to tube frame it, dunno if the celica frame can handle the torque

with some frame connectors and reinforcement it shouldnt have a problem. just like with anyother unidody/subframe built car. more metal makes everything better.

YAY!!!!! my 200th post.... i rock. lol

v8killer
05-11-2010, 09:29 PM
2jz!!

alltrac rear end ;)

Mr.Shaun91
05-13-2010, 06:26 PM
hahaha. no. 7m. and ford rear end only because of upradable options with their parts. and its cheaper and 1000 times easier to find stuff for...

zen
05-14-2010, 08:33 AM
how bout using the 7m drivetrain? i mean the turbo models did come optional with lsd. i would use alltrac subframe with hubs and spindles. 7m differential pumpkin, custom driveshaft. then strengthen the rear of the car.

Mr.Shaun91
05-14-2010, 05:18 PM
i plan on back halving the car. but i want the many options of parts for the ford 8.8 IRS. there are not many parts i have found for the toyota stuff. plus with the ford IRS i can pick the part i need up at any point damn near anywhere some day. not wait for it to be shipped....

Hookecho
05-15-2010, 05:23 AM
Ok right off for those of you who do not know what 5150 stands for:

CODE 5150 is universal for government,police, and medical personal for "CRAZY/PSYCHOTIC/INSANE."

Now that we all understand this..... Terms of my multi-year project.

1092 is the code you are looking for.

Mr.Shaun91
05-20-2010, 08:59 PM
i wont be tearing it to it for about a week guys. pics will be posted then.

Reserved.

Mr.Shaun91
07-02-2010, 05:12 AM
back of the car
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/mrshaun91/ya/HPIM0927.jpg
interior half torn apart. no dash and ripping out all ECU and heater core parts. also the blower motor
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/mrshaun91/ya/HPIM0928.jpg
current engine bay (but not for long)
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/mrshaun91/ya/HPIM0929.jpg
this happened after only 12 miles (hence my reason to attempt to drop my 7M into it.
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/mrshaun91/ya/HPIM0930.jpg

4thgenceli
07-02-2010, 05:55 AM
If you need a hand dropping it, gimme a holla!