PDA

View Full Version : project: total sleeper

v8killer
05-08-2010, 07:22 AM
hello all i guess its time to spill the beans here about my st165, i decided that toyota meant the "st" to mean sleeper toyota lol. here is some background, this is a car that was neglected by everyone but me i am the 4th owner and this is my baby other than my real babys. i bought the car from a guy who sold me 2 i made this black one run and here is the final project:

body: its pretty messed up externally and it will be the last thing to do, it will get a front lip and front splitter, 1" skirts added to the st165 skirts and small rear defuser after it gets the body fixed. it will be painted super jet black.

wheels: i want to keep the gts wheel thing going as long as i can if not some enkei rpf1 wheels and just 235 45 16

interior: re install carpet, upholster rear seats to match some sparco seats all black, again thats later

now the good stuff-

suspension: first off is get all the bushings made from poly or stiffer lol, whieline sway bars little better than stock up front and equal thickness at the rear, replace some of the cross members all'round with multipoint versions. a 6 point cage thats sleeperish ya i concider it suspension related. at first the 935 lowering kit and good shocks then i have to search for a good cost effective coilover set that features rebuildable dampers. extend the front control arms by 20mm each, ya i know, and all the alignment related bits. this is the second thing to be done.

trans/driveline/diff: dog box (tall) quaif front and rear atb lsd(helical) possible center diff upgrade not too sure. all this may be the last to be done or in segments as i go.

engine-best for last: here is what i got done so far-
t3/t04z same turbine and compressor as gt3582
st205 ic
scion tc radiator aluminum about 1.5" thick
trd 72 deg c t-stat
wiseco .5mm over 8.5:1 pistons set to loose gap for reliability the poer i lose i get back by adding .5 psi hahahahahaha
acl bearings
arp head studs
5sfe 98+ oil pump/gen3 t-belt
gen2 block
gen3 head and upper half + head gasket
msd coil streetfire wires
one step colder platinum plugs ngk
stockish fuel system
3"dp/2.5" midpipe/stock muff
st165 to st185 ecu conversion (FOR SALE)
-soon to install:
ALS lines to manifold
diypnp oh ya baby, ALS
under drive pully
act prolite flywheel/550 ft/lb+ clutch unsprung(have spec 2+)
-next up after 400 awhp target:
gen3 head valve job
ko racing valve springs engle
gen3 cam regrind custom mild still reliable
barrel ic core/ rear mount pump and rear mount heat exchangers
je or ross racing or cp stock bore pistons
sleeves for block stock bore
more arp fasteners
eagle rods, stock crank
oil accumulator
850cc injectors
044 bosch fuel pump
block griddle
aeromotive fpr
hks head gasket
tubular manifold undecided if cusom or what brand
intake manifold made by me
any other custom stuff i want to do

i know lots of overkill for just 600 awhp but ya feel free to suggest stuff oh and i will have a custom plate that reads "stockcc"

pics up soon my phone is shit and so is my stupid camera

90blacktrac
05-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I've never seen any "dogbox" transmission for our cars available other than the 10 grand x-trac and the 12 grand whatever kit that fensport's sells but there is a kaaz short ratio stack available. There is no real need to upgrade the transmissions at all anyway tho, look at alltrac101 he runs 800+ awhp on a stock 205 trans.

http://www.turbo4wd.net/pat/

Oh and your pistons Wiesco and Mahle are the forgies that don't require a ton of gap, if you feel the need to upgrade tho go with the Ross and get the coatings available they are also very good about making custom compression height and dome/dish cc's.

Hookecho
05-08-2010, 03:03 PM
sounds like a good plan. 600awhp is going to be sick. how bad off is the body? a lot of filler bad or replacement parts bad? how much psi will you be able to run?

v8killer
05-09-2010, 07:43 AM
replacing parts bad lol, idk what psi i will end up at but i am pretty sure it will be highish like close to thirty

http://www.quaife.co.uk/catalogue/products/qke7e

thats the gear kit it used to be dog engagement idk why the changed that.

i will post pics up tomorrow

joe's gt
05-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Looks good for the most part. Is that whiteline swaybar adjustable?

The main thing that jumps out at me is I can't imagine an st205 ic flowing enough air for your goals. I don't know whether your doing it cuz of emissions concerns, but if not, I think its going to choke your flow with that big of a turbo.

Looks like a lot of fun but right now...
:worthless:

celicaturbo700
05-09-2010, 06:31 PM
^what he said

v8killer
05-09-2010, 07:16 PM
no thats what i have on now, it says i will use the barrel type ic core later. i will try for 400 on the st205 core we will c

terryd
05-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Couldnt imagine this power/speed in a 91gt vert -- open windows would rip the friggin' top off my car! Or at least would have to restretch the top again to get all the sagging out of it!

-next up after 400 awhp target:
gen3 head valve job
ko racing valve springs engle
gen3 cam regrind custom mild still reliable
barrel ic core/ rear mount pump and rear mount heat exchangers
je or ross racing or cp stock bore pistons
sleeves for block stock bore
more arp fasteners
eagle rods, stock crank
oil accumulator
850cc injectors
044 bosch fuel pump
block griddle
aeromotive fpr
hks head gasket
tubular manifold undecided if cusom or what brand
intake manifold made by me
any other custom stuff i want to do

i know lots of overkill for just 600 awhp but ya feel free to suggest stuff oh and i will have a custom plate that reads "stockcc"

v8killer
05-09-2010, 08:27 PM
lol just do it! if i can so can you

terryd
05-09-2010, 09:15 PM
it's tempting but limited budget requires just putting in 5sfe (for now). good luck

v8killer
05-10-2010, 05:53 AM
save your pennies and save your dimes :)

hey i can't post pics still :( its probably something simple but ya i can't get them to upload

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=16149&catid=member&imageuser=5318

there is the link to one it worked :)

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/1/8/photo0028_001.jpg
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/1/8/photo0026_001.jpg
^---- little dirty
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/1/8/photo0025_001.jpg
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/1/8/photo0024_001.jpg
^----more informational devices to come lol
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/1/8/photo0023.jpg
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/1/8/photo0022_001.jpg
^----the body damage, lucky its an alltrac. a semi truck cut me off and tried to smash me between the medium and his rear tires/back of trailer

The Captain
05-10-2010, 01:58 PM
BTW, are the hood hinges spaced up or just bent?

The Captain
05-10-2010, 01:58 PM
BTW, are the hood hinges spaced up or just bent?

Nevermind. Just saw the spacers in a pic. Please remove those! It'll cool better with the hood down and you'd lose the ricer look as a bonus!

Awesome project.

v8killer
05-11-2010, 03:58 AM
lol its ok its a rip on the v8 guys locally here :)

Shadowlife25
05-11-2010, 04:24 AM
^^That looks familiar... ;)
You seriously STILL haven't mounted that new fender? Booo!

v8killer
05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
lol i know, i will probably put it on once i do my buddy's 4age blacktop swap. its still all wrapped up since i broight it haha

v8killer
05-12-2010, 03:42 AM
oh and also there is an other plan idk if i mentioned it, there will be full WRC air injection ALS

it will be setup very similar to the flatshift feature and yeah it will be switchable

Shadowlife25
05-12-2010, 03:45 AM
What is this "Flatshift" feature?
Sorry, i have just never heard the term. :)

gamerkiller3000
05-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Lol I know I have offered to paint that fender too. Im tired of looking at those custom air vents. Haha

and seriously dude hood venting is no way ricer. It is too reduce under hood temperature to help with performance. It does help it has been dynoed and tested. I understand why u think that it is ricer probablu cause all the lil fucking hondas out there do it thinking its jdm like those lil roof racks of theres. And if u really do think that is rice.. Then u need to take in the amount of the knowledge that he has and 1 thing.... A big fucking turbo! Lol:ohsnap:

Oh and flat shift is when u cam keep it floored and shift without taking ur foot off the gas pedal.

v8killer
05-12-2010, 04:42 AM
aka holy shit shift!

Shadowlife25
05-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Ah, ok.

I only ever did that in my Rx-7.

v8killer
05-12-2010, 05:15 PM
nice, did it have flat shift? all flatshift does is change the fueling slightly and keep the launch controll on as you push in the clutch pedal in effect keeping the rpms from reving up and alowing the "safe" WOT shift.

i am not 100% sure exactly how i want it set up but it will behave a lot like the group N WRC cars maybe a bit more aggressive.