PDA

View Full Version : Starter relocation

4thgenceli
05-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Anybody have a writeup or link to where I can find one? Can't seem to locate one.

From what I can tell, I just need to widen the other side of the starter hole, and that's it. I'd like some advise from someone that's done it before though so I don't f* it up. I don't think the starter to the e153 will clear the manifold on the st215's engine.

Also, with doing the relocation, do I need that starter plate then?

ChrisD
05-06-2010, 01:53 AM
You shouldn't need to relocate your starter I wouldn't think?

Mafix
05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
wow you've got me lost. all the s and e starters are interchangable. i'm sure you can find a smaller one.

CriScO
05-07-2010, 08:21 AM
You shouldn't need to relocate your starter I wouldn't think?
On some of the GE's it was in the same place as on the FE. There's not enough clearance there on the GTE, airc. :dunno:

4thgenceli
05-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm smoking crack :)

Mafix
05-07-2010, 03:03 PM
crisco you are refering to the usdm ge where the starter is under the exhaust manifold. the jdm ge starter can either be on the tranny side or the engine side. all fe, gte, e code tranny cars have the starter on the tranny side.

4thgenceli
05-07-2010, 03:19 PM
crisco you are refering to the usdm ge where the starter is under the exhaust manifold. the jdm ge starter can either be on the tranny side or the engine side. all fe, gte, e code tranny cars have the starter on the tranny side.
Ding ding ding...

Just realized this last night when I put the rear plate on and discovered the starter goes tranny side.

ChrisD
05-07-2010, 04:22 PM
lol, otherwise you'd be doing what we just did to Ryan's tranny. Drill, holesaw, dremel, file, sand, drill, tap, done!