PDA

View Full Version : So What Kind Of CTech "Goodies" will be available for the Dragon Run?

klapa
05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
I myself was kind of hoping for maybe a CTech Logo license plate or maybe a "badge" or something like that.

T-Shirts anyone?

I would think this might be an income maker for CTech - maybe Luni (is that pronounced "Looney"?) already thought about that.

Of course - a raffle for a 92 AllTrac would be good too... no reserve of course.

Grot
05-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Typically josh "cms-gt4" makes shirts. dunno if hes gonna be able to make them this year though.

And luni might have some stickers still.

klapa
05-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Yea - just thinking that the "souvenir angle" might be a good way to gather up a little revenue for CTech.

After all - the coding and hosting aren't "for free" are they?

BTW - I'm really hoping that:

A) I can somehow keep up with the pack.

B) I don't get a speeding ticket.

Grot
05-03-2010, 12:27 AM
we split up into smaller groups. so keeping up isnt an issue.

And you can keep up. My truck has a FUBAR'd motor mount and im still gonna bring her.

klapa
05-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Grot - I always wondered is it "Grot" like "bot" or "Grot" like "boat"? :)

Anyhow - my wife will be with me but there is a seat "open" in my car for you anytime.

We'll be getting to Knoxville early Friday - as I'm planning to pay a "courtesy call" to one of our customer's there - at Business Park Ln - wherever that is in relation to the hotel at Cedar Bluff.

andy
05-03-2010, 01:01 AM
mine is andy like "andy"

klapa
05-03-2010, 01:14 AM
mine is andy like "andy"

Not to be confused with "Andy like Dandy"? Remembering of course that "age-old proverb" that "candy is dandy - but likker is quicker".

Gonna have any of those "rice tickets" on hand - just in case?

Grot
05-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Thanks, but my truck will make it.

And its like "bot".

And you customer, are they a business or an individual?

I can get you a map and or take you down there.

Heres a link to a map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=105238932930676821011.000485a598f7adc1fb014

klapa
05-03-2010, 01:26 AM
They are a pretty large business - a British company that has their American division there in Knoxville. I designed an LED driver for them.

I'm sure I'll be able to find them - and hopefully won't stay there long anyway.

Just "playin'" with everybody here - 'cause else all I do is work 24/7.

and it's "klapa like papa".

Grot
05-03-2010, 01:40 AM
like "clap-a"?

klapa
05-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Okay - guess I deserved that.... ;)

but it's kl-ahhh-pa.

andy
05-03-2010, 04:27 AM
u got teh clapz?

Murgatroy
05-03-2010, 04:38 AM
There have been T-Shirts for several years, however the guy that made them last year hasn't posted an update about them this year.

There are normally stickers too.

The whole 'Dragon being closed' thing really threw a wrench in the works this year, as opposed to where the event had been heading based on previous years. In terms of sports, I like to think of this year as a 'rebuilding year.'

klapa
05-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Well - I suppose this is the "coitus interruptus" year for the run?

Just my dang luck I guess - still - we are looking forward to a good time - and I've a mind that we will have one! Though we will be "branching off" on Sunday to go and stay in Brasstown, Ga. for the last day to visit my mom.

Still - for us - it will be a breath of fresh air to meet some new people and just to have at least a couple of days to forget about all our toils and troubles - and to admire all those really "fine" Toyoters!

I'll just need to remember to try to pay at least as much attention to my wife as I do to the cars... that way I'll "be safe".

I might need to "pinch myself" - else I was thinking about setting up a cell phone reminder about that.

klapa
05-03-2010, 05:34 AM
Sorry - don't know why I got the double post there - this has been happening on this site recently.