PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Gen. 5

GodFuader
12-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Got a '90 GTS and wondering about suspension...

1)Eibach Prokit
2) Eibach Sportline
3)Ground control Coilover

im in canada and the adjustables could actually be useful
whats recommended?
whats good for shocks?

RA24_4_Me
12-06-2004, 11:48 PM
I had a friend with a 5th gen celica that I installed a suspension on for him.. It consisted of KYB GR2 gas struts and an eibach prokit. The following is just my opinion.

Do not buy KYB Gr2 gas shocks.
Do not buy eibach springs.

GR2 shocks are basically stock replacements, and dont feel like aftermarket shocks should.

Eibach springs I just personally didnt like. They certainly helped the car handle better, but I just feel like there should be something more. Maybe they would feel like they should with aftermarket sway bars. Maybe I am just spoiled by my first gen.

Ryan

Hooligan
12-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Well, I have that setup and I enjoy it. Like I said when I answered this thread in the 5th gen forum, they are a bit stiffer than stock but not overbearingly so.

RA24_4_Me
12-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Ya that setup is good for a daily driver. It handled better then stock by alot.

Ryan

Mike431635
12-07-2004, 03:24 AM
Me:

KYB GR2 Struts
New KYB Mounts at time of strut replacement
New KYB Boots
Eibach prokit springs
Suspension Techniques rear swaybar

My car handles/feels very nice. I put on the swaybar before the springs (about a week prior) and that was the most bang for the buck that I got. The struts and mounts needed to be replaced, so I put the springs on when I did those. I like the lower stance and they did improve handling, but not by as much as the swaybar did.

I wish I had a true coilover setup though, with some KONI yellows. That's what I will be doing when I get an Alltrac.

ibanezgfx
12-09-2004, 05:28 PM
whered you get the swaybar

Mike431635
12-11-2004, 01:27 AM
I ordered it through a shop, but I don't think they're around anymore.

You'd have to shop around now to find a good price.

ray_sir_6
12-11-2004, 02:05 AM
Koni + Ground Control

That is what I have...not the softest ride, but when the road isn't straight, you'll LOVE IT!

spoolin_gt
12-11-2004, 04:06 AM
konis are good..i got the koni reds on my celica wit apex springs...

*******off topic******
i have apex springs for sale..let me know if you're interested...im from toronto..

wrongboy
12-11-2004, 04:39 PM
I have had the KYB GR2 set-up combined with the Eibach Sportline spring set. I love it, I have had this set-up for about two and a half years and I have no complaints. Combined with 7t gen. wheels and Khumos my car handles exceptionally, far better than stock. The ride is obviously less squishy. I couldn't afford Konis otherwise I would have gone with those, but for my daily driver the look combined with the handling-for the price-can't be beat.

-wrongboy

Seanscn
12-15-2004, 04:19 AM
JIC Magic makes good coilovers for the 5th Gen.