PDA

View Full Version : May not make it to dragon

Grot
04-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Busted a motor mount in my truck last night.

If i cant get it fixed this weekend or possibly next, im not gonna be able to drive it at least.

Lets see how this goes.

187flatliner
04-30-2010, 03:26 PM
get to it. stop wasting time on the computer.....hit that motor mount repair.

just playing

hope you can get it fixed......so you can go.....i wish i could go.

im shooting for next year.

Grot
04-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Im broke, gotta work tonight so i can afford to fix it.

Gonna try to get it fixed sunday.

Im not even sure what i broke.

When i start moving or shift hard my whole transmission and i believe engine are shifting. so im guessing its a motor mount.

187flatliner
04-30-2010, 04:32 PM
maybe you didnt break a mount but lost some hardware......i noticed that same feeling and when i looked into it the rear motor mount bolts went missing.....(still not sure how that happened)...it would jump hard in reverse and drive.

does it "hit" hard in reverse? and then when you go into first ...if so check the rear motor mount.

hope you can get it fixed.......

and let us know if you need some extra dough to get that part...im moving rite now so i dont have much but im sure i can spare a few bucks for ya

Nitro_Alltrac
05-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Aaron, get someone to help you look at it. Have them rev the engine while you look to see a mount is actually broken. If that's the case you should be able to see it easily. I had one break one time on a small block Chevy and it was obvious when the engine was revved up some. Also do like Flatliner suggested and make sure you didn't lose a bolt or something in either the engine mounts or the tranny mount. It could be that as well.