PDA

View Full Version : Hello

alternate.eago
04-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Hey everyone, I guess I have to re-introduce myself as my account was closed a long time ago due to inactivity. I used to have an 89 Convertible with the 3sfe, and an auto transmission. That's were my love of Celicas began. I sold it after I blew the engine, (I still miss that car, especially when it see the new owners driving it around) to fund the the transmission swap & engine rebuild in my MR2 (5sfe).

Anyways I recently picked up one of my attainable dream cars, an Alltrac. Took me about 4 years to find one that was in my price range, and in decent enough condition that I would be able to have some fun with it. I got real lucky, a stock, mostly complete, good running ST165 with no rust, within 30 Miles of me! Did I mention NO RUST! The only rust is on the sunroof, and some slight surface rust in the spare wheel well, paint covers the metal, thats about it. It has the constancy of white out on paper, only with less shine.

Here she is the day I picked her up (no other pics...Sorry):

http://i41.tinypic.com/m90gw3.jpg

Hood scoop was promptly ripped off. Shame the P.O. drilled 2 large holes in the hood. She needed Ball Joints & new tires bad. The Old tires were filled with Fix-A-Flat, and were dry-rotted & cracked. The ball joints were completely seized. BTW OEM Ball joints after 123K of use suck to remove...

It took 3 days to revive the Sunroof Mechanicals. The cables were seized... Now just waiting on the Fiberglass replacement panel, and I need to investigate as to why it still won't tilt, but it opens and shuts!

Still have to, fix the speedometer (cable is good, maybe its in the electronics?), replace the passenger window motor, figure out why the car does not have heat & AC (but still blows cool air), install the new inner tierods, install the Tein Super Streets (the stock struts are completely shot, so I ordered ST185 coilovers and will make them work), and do the sound system. Bodywork & (minimal as there isn't even a door ding on the car) Painting the car should happen twords the end of summer/fall.

In the mean time, my 93 N/A mr2 (which I'm concerned is gonna break soon just to spite me, cuz she's jealous) and my $900 Daily Driver subie will get be around (thats not mine in the picture)....

This post turned out longer than I expected it to... Basically, my plan is to repair/replace everything that needs it with upgrades. Then I'll start making plans to up the power.

In most of the forums that I'm in, I just seem to lurk way more than I post... I attempting to break that habit, and actually contribute, I've been a member of the MR2OC for like 2 years, and probably only have like 25 posts.... Alltrac.net, probably only have like 2 or 3 posts.... I should post more.

Hookecho
04-28-2010, 01:20 PM
nice alltrac. that hood scoop does look odd on that model celica. what did you replace it with?

alternate.eago
04-28-2010, 01:33 PM
It hasn't been replaced yet. I will more than likely replace it with a stock hood without a hood scoop. I've been playing with the idea of getting a 5th gen trac's sheet metal skinned on to the frame... Dunno yet, as it will probably be extremely expensive...

Legacyofdan
04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
As for the hood, you can pick up a ST162 hood at the junkers, iirc they do fit. That way you dont have two drill holes in it :)

As for the heater/AC you may need to re solder you circuit board for the climate control...ugh...okay i just spent a few minutes look around here/at.net/st162.net and i cant find the thread but more than willing to bet the solder points on the climate control have cracked, its not a hard fix just time consuming.

i am envious of the coil overs my friend!

check and make sure the quarter glass doesnt leak, like the back seat passenger rear glass, its sorta a issue with them... lol

and check directly behind the rear tire behind the stock body kit piece, it likes to rust and hide that its rusting there.

Sorry that i was not able to find that link on the heater, if i stumble across it i will pm ya about it. :)

But with that being said, nice alltrac bro and i look forward to seeing ya at some NE meets!

alternate.eago
04-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks Dan! I usually go to the Mid A Meets, I was at the last one (at summit point) in my MR2, looking forward to going to them in an All Trac now.

I was actually going to track down a replacement climate control, i think I saw one on AT.net.....

Don't be envious of the Coilovers just yet, I still have to figure out what I need to do to install them, according to this thread (http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=11881), they should bolt right up if I drill out the knuckle, but, I may end up having to convert to 185 knuckles/brakes. If they don't bolt right up, it could be expensive getting them to work.

I figured a st162 hood will work, I just haven't decided If I'm going to replace the scoop with something that fits the lines of the car, or just replace the hood, thats actually pretty low on my priority list right now. My primary priority's are to repair whats broken and stop any potential rust from forming....

Are you gonna be driving one of your fleet of Trac's for the next meet? It was a shame yours had to be a trailer queen the last time.

Legacyofdan
04-28-2010, 04:14 PM
No i am pretty confident that you dont need to do anything of the sort in-terms of converting to 185 knuckles(the twin pot 165 calipers will bolt up to the 185 knuckles, FYI, but the rotors are different sizes)...from what i have been told, they bolt up but the difference is just the bolt hole diameter..so it should be a quick easy mod. from what i have been told. bare in mind, i have never done it myself.

i found this fix:
http://st162.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4924&hilit=heater+fix

i remember the thread being a bit different...i may have found the wrong one...not sure.

haha yeah hoods are merely cosmetic :P

I sure hope so...i will be buying a 185 tranny for white DD trac, and as of last night red trac is back alive(needs inspection/alignment)

yeah i was thoroughly pissed off that i had all that inner tread wear on that tire and then had to trailer it there....oh well win some lose some.

If i recall right there were a few MR2's that showed up, actually alot(i have always wanted one btw) the more i think of it, which MR2 dude were ya?

UkeDude
04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
That's a great find! Looks like you're starting with a nice stock base for your project. Good luck.

alternate.eago
04-29-2010, 01:50 PM
If i recall right there were a few MR2's that showed up, actually alot(i have always wanted one btw) the more i think of it, which MR2 dude were ya?

I have the White NA Sunroof with the Blue & Black Sparcos, and the straight pipes... Its both loud and slow...

That's a great find! Looks like you're starting with a nice stock base for your project. Good luck.

Thanks! It took me like 3-4 years to find one in decent shape in my price range.

Legacyofdan
04-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I have the White NA Sunroof with the Blue & Black Sparcos, and the straight pipes... Its both loud and slow...

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/legacyofdan7/NE%20meet%2009/IMG_0536.jpg
found ya! LoL

http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/legacyofdan7/NE%20meet%2009/?start=0

alternate.eago
04-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Ha! That is my car. I knew my ostentatious seats, & obnoxious exhaust would be the most memorable things about my car. (sadly)