PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen bodyroll

187flatliner
04-19-2010, 11:28 PM
how can i reduce it.......i cant seem to find any aftermarket swaybars..... i dont know too much about suspension except how to replace it with oem......

can i get some ideas from ya'll.? maybe some link info.

i have 87 gt with stock suspension.

Grot
04-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Cusco makes a swaybar for the 4th gen.

I believe kevin (redrkt01) can get them. Also new springs and shocks will help

Futant3
04-20-2010, 02:23 AM
I haven't done the sway bars yet but lowering springs and new struts made a very noticeable difference on mine.

187flatliner
04-20-2010, 05:46 AM
which lowering springs did you use?......my main problem is that i cut the front springs and now im rubbing due my struts are blown.....im trying to come up with some coilovers but everything is so damn expensive right now but i was on germantown road and every turn was a nightmare screeching.

CriScO
04-20-2010, 06:41 AM
how can i reduce it
Fix this:

my main problem is that i cut the front springs and now im rubbing due my struts are blown

187flatliner
04-20-2010, 07:00 AM
^^^^ this is why i made this post.......im looking for a better way to reduce my body roll........i want a lower ride and ill live with the sound cuz it doesnt bother me too much.

Futant3
04-21-2010, 12:40 AM
I used the Eibach pro-kit, with KYB AGX struts up front and GR2's in the rear. This has worked great although if I had to replace the struts again I would shell out for the Koni's.

187flatliner
04-21-2010, 01:17 AM
ive been thinking about the b&g springs.....they will lower the car 1.6 overall.....i run 17's and i think i will still rub on hard corners....should i get 16's instead? i really wanna get a rear brace bar for the inside cab and a lower rear swaybar. any other links, bushings i should replace? i dont wanna go broke either cuz im about to do a complete brake overhaul and thats about 300 so far.

anyone know of where i can get the rear strut tower bar from?

RedRkt01
04-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Stiffen everthing up. Swaybars and strut tower bars help. Those in conjuntion with a good spring/damper combo will have a powerful impact on traction and bodyroll.

187flatliner
04-21-2010, 03:33 AM
Stiffen everthing up. Swaybars and strut tower bars help. Those in conjuntion with a good spring/damper combo will have a powerful impact on traction and bodyroll.

someone mentioned you have access to a swaybar for my 4th gen , how much in fact does it cost?

joe's gt
04-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Dude, springs help prevent body roll. When you cut them, they no longer do this. So don't use a swaybar to mask an already known problem. Get the springs first, then the swaybar.

RedRkt01
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
+1 for joe. My statement stands in general for cars that don't have custom modified parts. I never understood why someone would cut springs or modify anything to that extent because the end result is unpredictable. And if that is your baseline, how do you modify from there?

Mafix
04-21-2010, 04:07 PM
agreed, get new springs and struts. b+g will work fine for what you want.

ChrisD
04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Also, rim size has nothing to do with rubbing. Wheel offset, overall tire diameter and width do.

rev_head
04-22-2010, 01:41 PM
agree 100% about the springs chopped springs are NEVER acceptable :p

as for sway bars though you can get them through selby. Selby are the ones whe actually used to produce the whiteline stuff and there shit is identicle. as for effectiveness i havethe whiteline font and rear in my 162 and they where probably the best decision i have ever made, mainly the rear

RedRkt01
04-23-2010, 02:21 PM
agree 100% about the springs chopped springs are NEVER acceptable :p

as for sway bars though you can get them through selby. Selby are the ones whe actually used to produce the whiteline stuff and there shit is identicle. as for effectiveness i havethe whiteline font and rear in my 162 and they where probably the best decision i have ever made, mainly the rear

+1 for Rev's information. His analysis of the front and rear is what I would say as well.

187flatliner
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
thanks for the input, I DO REALIZE THE CUT SPRINGS ARE A NO-NO, thats why i am getting lowering springs......new struts......i mainly wanted to know other stuff to reduce the bodyroll. ill check into these sway bars.......from selby (i just looked and they dont have in on their website...can u provide a link to the sway bars i need?)

RedRkt01
04-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Just so you know, I sell the Whiteline version of those swaybars and they are exactly the same. They can also be obtained here. If you buy Selby you are going to pay shipping from Australia.

Grot
04-23-2010, 06:01 PM
I would advise buying from kevin. the whitline bars are what you are looking for and he can typically cut you a good deal.

Mafix
04-23-2010, 07:13 PM
safe to say i've finally fixed the body roll issue and now it's nearly too flat. time to play around with tires and selection.