View Full Version : Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

04-16-2010, 04:30 PM

Heard some good things about this wax, so I decided to give it a try.

Initial thoughts: I hate the smell, I like how easy it was to apply, and its kind of a bitch to wipe off.

Here are some crappy cell phone pics

(If you look close, you can see a dragon sticker on the back of my phone)

I'll get some pictures of it in the sunlight today. It made the color stand out quite a bit more, and made the cobweb crap in my paint mostly disappear.

Overall I like it quite a bit, but we'll see how long it lasts.

04-16-2010, 04:41 PM
i thought when you wax u didnt want to get it on the side moldings.....looks like you missed that step.......post moar pics man.

04-16-2010, 04:57 PM
My side mouldings are painted, didn't think it mattered. Maybe I'm wrong though?

04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
i use it, works pretty good so far. i might do the mr2 and see how it turns out even though the paint job sucks

04-16-2010, 09:36 PM
I just had my MR2 professionally power polished and waxed, cost me $160, he wanted $200, but I talked him down (it's what I do ;P )

Found out my clear is mostly gone. Base coat is fine but has some scratches on the front. It looks like Im going to get her a new clear coat. Then If I like the work, they will get the GT4RC to touch up the body damage and repair.

05-19-2010, 03:20 PM
So that is just the wax?

What did you use to wipe it down?

05-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Microfiber cloths

05-20-2010, 11:05 PM
So here is a quick Mequir's Ultimate Compound and the NXT Gen. Wax. Done by hand, could definitely be worked in more on both.

The compound get's all that nasty looking oxidation on the surface. Then the wax does well to fill in the swirls. It's a lot more difficult to wipe completely off, and at first is smells like a chemical, then kind smells like horse manure. I'm thinking 2 coat min on this stuff should do it.

05-26-2010, 12:44 PM
just picked some up today gunna give it a go:woot: will poat pics in a bit gotta hit the sack first. just got off work.