PDA

View Full Version : import tuner

celicadude93
04-13-2010, 04:21 AM
anyone look at the latest issue? i was just skimming through while at wal mart and someone from the forum had wrote them and of course mentioned this website. import tuners response was if there are any celica owners that are really going at it with their cars. i'm sure we have plenty that is mag material :biggthumpup:

KM
04-13-2010, 04:26 AM
Yeah, I wrote them. The Captain's car is in the newest edition.

celicadude93
04-15-2010, 04:58 PM
it was in a previous edition too wan't it? like readers rides or something? i remember cuz i took a pic with my phone cuz i was too cheap to buy the mag lol

Grot
04-15-2010, 05:46 PM
It was in Modified before

187flatliner
04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
:worthless:

geebes
04-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Saw it...it was probably the gayest article I've seen in a while. like a 2" x 2" short letter one of the fellas wrote in...and import tuner basically refusing to put the car in unless the Capn' gets some "SUPER TIGHT RACING SEATS!"

....jk, but that is what I got out of that article.

The Captain
04-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Saw it...it was probably the gayest article I've seen in a while. like a 2" x 2" short letter one of the fellas wrote in...and import tuner basically refusing to put the car in unless the Capn' gets some "SUPER TIGHT RACING SEATS!"

....jk, but that is what I got out of that article.
Like THAT's gonna happen.

187flatliner
04-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Like THAT's gonna happen.

maybe if you just put some in for the article and then took them back out.....????humm...we would know the truth.

Nitro_Alltrac
04-17-2010, 02:01 AM
I looked at it just a little while ago at Walmart. Basically, Nice car but needs more power, more aero and race interior.

Hmmm, I think that translates to "It needs to be like the 50 or so Nissans that are inside. These guys wouldn't know a nice, non-jacked up car if it ran over them. I've seen John's car several times and it doesn't need ANY of their bullshit.

End of rant...

The Captain
04-17-2010, 02:08 AM
I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

donteatbugs
04-17-2010, 03:42 AM
me too, noone has alltracs

celicadude93
04-17-2010, 04:00 AM
i think well kept 5th gens in general are hard to find. trac's are a whole different story of rare, which is y i have an st =( lol

Nitro_Alltrac
04-17-2010, 04:09 AM

Amen Brother!!:biggthumpup:

Murgatroy
04-17-2010, 05:38 AM
So wait a minute, they told the one kid with the Alltrac that his wasn't good enough, they got hate mail, came here, saw Princess, acted interested, then ran a picture of her and said that she wasn't good enough?

Is that about right?

I haven't cared for Ricer Tuner, I mean, Import Tuner for a while now, but you are kidding me? Someone builds something to be unique, different from the masses and does it right, and then gets told it needs to be like all the other cars to get featured?

Bullshit.

celica9303
04-17-2010, 05:49 AM
So wait a minute, they told the one kid with the Alltrac that his wasn't good enough, they got hate mail, came here, saw Princess, acted interested, then ran a picture of her and said that she wasn't good enough?

Is that about right?

I haven't cared for Ricer Tuner, I mean, Import Tuner for a while now, but you are kidding me? Someone builds something to be unique, different from the masses and does it right, and then gets told it needs to be like all the other cars to get featured?

Bullshit.

pretty much, the silvia featured in the issue isnt anythong to talk about either ....john's car is much nicer.

Nitro_Alltrac
04-17-2010, 03:23 PM
That's the way I read it Murg. I didn't bother buying the rag after I flipped through it. They basically said it was the nicest All Trac they had seen but that it needed more power, more aero and more race interior. My take was it needed to be like the drift/time attack wanna be's they show in the mag.

It seems to me that most of the import mags are more interested in riced up "JDM" specials with the female models than an actual good car. They aren't helping the overall image of the import community. With the demise of Sport Compact Car, there doesn't seem to be a serious import mag. Modified isn't bad. It seems to be the closest. Coming from the muscle community, the import press is rather dissppointing. Very seldom do any of the magazines have decent tech articles that the average reader with average tools and skills can use. Hot Rod and Car Craft do a lot better job for the domestic folks.

Just my 2 cent.

VikingJZ
04-17-2010, 04:16 PM

Is that about right?

Bullshit.

Its because the vast majority of guys that drive tuner cars could care less about cars they didn't know exist.

They want to see Hondas with pink rims, matte black roof panels, carbon fiber this and that, along with unattainable Asian chicks.

And I truly believe its a magazine geared for eighth grade boys with Ken "Cock Knock" Block tee shirts and sideways-cocked DC shoe flat billed hats.

One of the tuner mags frequently has classic Toyotas, and even did an article about a TE72 coupe not too long ago.

That's the way I read it Murg. I didn't bother buying the rag after I flipped through it. They basically said it was the nicest All Trac they had seen but that it needed more power, more aero and more race interior. My take was it needed to be like the drift/time attack wanna be's they show in the mag.

It seems to me that most of the import mags are more interested in riced up "JDM" specials with the female models than an actual good car. They aren't helping the overall image of the import community. With the demise of Sport Compact Car, there doesn't seem to be a serious import mag. Modified isn't bad. It seems to be the closest. Coming from the muscle community, the import press is rather dissppointing. Very seldom do any of the magazines have decent tech articles that the average reader with average tools and skills can use. Hot Rod and Car Craft do a lot better job for the domestic folks.

Just my 2 cent.

Didn't see this until I posted my previous. So, x2.

Car Craft is an awesome magazine. I remember my senior year of high school they did an article on getting a muscle car project up and running for $3,000. It was some old AMC with a Mopar 440 under the hood. It was my kind of project, utilizing junk yard parts and ideas.

If a tuner mag would do that, I might actually subscribe. But until then, no.

andy
04-17-2010, 04:29 PM
these aint supras

VikingJZ
04-17-2010, 09:36 PM
these aint supras

Are you mildly fucking retarded?

renegadex
04-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I miss Sport Compact Car. That was the best import mag in my oppinion. They actually had articles where they took cars out on the track and came back with data. A far better read then those ricer mags.

donteatbugs
04-17-2010, 10:19 PM
get the fuck outta here with that ricer math, nobody cares

lalojamesliz
04-21-2010, 11:31 PM

very nice Captain! i love it when people tell me "wow, i have never seen one of these before"

Sean
04-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Whats the problem? Look at the title of the magazine, import tuner.... Of course a stockish looking car isn't going to wet the appetite for THAT particular audience.

3sgelevin
04-24-2010, 05:09 PM
post some pics please