PDA

View Full Version : new drill

Ricksta
04-07-2010, 11:08 PM
im going to be subcontracting for bright house networks doing cable install. will be cable certified by the weekend. well i had to borrow some money to get some of my tools and my insurance going. i ended up calling my uncle to ask if i could borrow his gps and he asked me if i needed anything like a drill or something. i said yes actually i do i need a hammer drill. he tells me he is gonna take care of it and he ends up buying me this makita 18v lithium ion hammer drill. im fucking stoked. this bitch is hawt. way better then the dewault i used to use. even has l.e.d. lights next to the trigger for when im working at nite, 2 batteries, 30 minute charger with cooling system and 560 in pounds of torque. got to love family. i think subcontracting is going to work out a lot better for me. although the amount of money im paying for in tools is rediculous.

http://images1.toolup.com/imdir/product/makita/large/bhp454a.jpg

Hookecho
04-08-2010, 12:10 AM
that's a really good drill. i don't own one but i know people that use them.

Blackcloud
04-08-2010, 12:38 AM
great choice. i had the white and the green combo sets.

id highly recommend you get the one with the impact gun as well. its like $299 for the set

Blackcloud
04-08-2010, 12:40 AM
oh. one more thing.. what do you plan on hammering with this drill?

asking because hammer drills suck ass for drilling into anything except grout. you want a roto hammer if you ever plan on drilling concrete and such

Ricksta
04-08-2010, 01:16 AM
usually i just have to drill through concrete into the side of houses or down into the floor of trailors if i have to run a line to a spot in the wall that i need a direct line to the cable modem. nothing huge but def enough to do the job.

sodap0p
04-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Hilti's were all we used when we had to go through house foundations.http://www.hilti.com/holcom/page/module/product/prca_catnavigation.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-16336

I have the 5 piece makita set; Drill, impact, resip saw, light(not as useless as I originally thought) and something else. I use the impact on everything!, the drill on some, and the saw once maybe twice. The battery's are the longest lasting I have ever owned. I have had many cordless drills and by far these have been the best to me.

Ricksta
04-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Hilti's were all we used when we had to go through house foundations.http://www.hilti.com/holcom/page/module/product/prca_catnavigation.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-16336

I have the 5 piece makita set; Drill, impact, resip saw, light(not as useless as I originally thought) and something else. I use the impact on everything!, the drill on some, and the saw once maybe twice. The battery's are the longest lasting I have ever owned. I have had many cordless drills and by far these have been the best to me.

thats pretty badass. i am gonna be using this drill on a lot of different things. going through concrete walls is about the worst it will see. these lithium ion batteries are suppost to last forever so im pretty stoked about that too!

Blackcloud
04-08-2010, 02:19 AM
usually i just have to drill through concrete into the side of houses or down into the floor of trailors if i have to run a line to a spot in the wall that i need a direct line to the cable modem. nothing huge but def enough to do the job.

have you ever used a hammer drill in concrete dude? try somebody elses before you buy one.. im serious dude.

when i was working with my asshole boss we needed a roto hammer, i told him to buy a hilti te-7. he went and bought some bosch hammer drill. it was noisy as fuck, would not take the good drill bits. the sds plus shank. and would not drill. after a month of him fighting with it he bought a hilti te-7

anyways. ive used the te5, te7, te54, and the big hoss te76atc. bomb ass drills

Blackcloud
04-08-2010, 02:22 AM
do yourself a favor and buy this, then buy a roto hammer to drill concrete. you can get cheap bosch ones instead of dropping big bucks on hilti stuff

http://www.toolking.com/media/catalog/product/l/c/lct200w_hps.jpg

Ricksta
04-08-2010, 02:40 AM
have you ever used a hammer drill in concrete dude? try somebody elses before you buy one.. im serious dude.

when i was working with my asshole boss we needed a roto hammer, i told him to buy a hilti te-7. he went and bought some bosch hammer drill. it was noisy as fuck, would not take the good drill bits. the sds plus shank. and would not drill. after a month of him fighting with it he bought a hilti te-7

anyways. ive used the te5, te7, te54, and the big hoss te76atc. bomb ass drills

dood i already have the drill, and even the dewault i was using last year works just fine for this job. its not solid concrete.

Blackcloud
04-08-2010, 02:46 AM
oh ok then.. if its not solid you should be good

I know my dewalt hammer drill wont drill for shit into concrete

celicaturbo700
04-08-2010, 08:01 AM
do yourself a favor and buy this, then buy a roto hammer to drill concrete. you can get cheap bosch ones instead of dropping big bucks on hilti stuff

http://www.toolking.com/media/catalog/product/l/c/lct200w_hps.jpg

my dad is a contractor and he uses the piss out of those and they work like a charm! he has two of those sets i believe. he loves that impact