PDA

View Full Version : Car names?

Physlis
04-07-2010, 05:23 AM
Don't know if we've ever done this but...

I know people tend to name thier vehicles, so what do you call yours and why?

I finally decided to give my GT-S the name Celica Prime.
Reasoning: I've been a huge transformers fan since I was little and grew up on it so of course Optimus Prime was my hero. Everyone knows that an autobot who gets the Matrix becomes a Prime and pretty much turns into a badass leader. Well my celi is going to be getting a big upgrade soon , so I think the name suits it. It may not be the best celi around but it's reliable as hell, same as my childhood hero.

So, what about you guys?

4thgenceli
04-07-2010, 06:05 AM
There's a thread over in Off Topic I think about this somewhere.

First celica was 'Celibaby', this one is Jasmine. Jasmine because I love that name, and would of wanted my girl called that but teh wife says no. So i settled with naming my car Jasmine.

85gtsblackman
04-07-2010, 06:30 AM
my gts is darkness

my truck is bubs v.2, theres a story behind this

my stx, ive named georgia

CriScO
04-07-2010, 06:45 AM
I referred to my cars as "the coupe" and "the hatchback(hatch for short)" so long that the damn names stuck! Everyone new always calls them "black one" and "red one," but I've noticed after talking to me about them a few times they start using coupe and hatch too.

85gtsblackman
04-07-2010, 06:47 AM
I referred to my cars as "the coupe" and "the hatchback(hatch for short)" so long that the damn names stuck! Everyone new always calls them "black one" and "red one," but I've noticed after talking to me about them a few times they start using coupe and hatch too.

im kinda the same, my 6th gen usally gets reffered to as "the beater" or "the 6th gen"

VikingJZ
04-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I refer to my cars by what they are:

Celica

Saab

4thgenceli
04-07-2010, 06:59 AM

Celica

Saab
You're boring.

david in germany
04-07-2010, 07:39 AM
My Cooper is named "Donkey", my trusty steed.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/7/8/Donkey.jpg

Physlis
04-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Nice input so far.

Celica

Saab

I usually do that too, but I would go by models. (GT-S, GT-Four, Astra, GT500, etc.) Up until a few days ago I had been calling mine the GT-S.

I was considering calling it "Celi-king" but that seemed WAY too audacious. Celica Prime just clicked.

Galcobar
04-07-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't name my car, but I always refer to my Celica as "she."

Murgatroy
04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't name my vehicles.

4thgenceli
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't name my vehicles.
Right, they name themself yes?

MCcelica
04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
No, he rubs his nuts on them and names sprout out the tires.

Murgatroy
04-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Right, they name themself yes?

Yup.

My cars and pets all name themselves. You just have to know how to listen.

T-spoon
04-07-2010, 05:26 PM
6gen was T-spoon (random goofing around that stuck)
Supra is Stinky (fragrant exhaust)
Alltrac doesn't really have a name
MRS was Kumho (wife named, think it's Spider in Japanese)
Yaris is Junior (Have you seen a 2door liftback Yaris?)
First alltrac didn't have a name
Neither MR2 really had names

Sometimes a name just works and sticks, sometimes it doesn't.

pintoBC_3sgte
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Mines called Ava .. Lol from my plate

The Captain
04-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Alltrac/Princess, named by CelicaTech after she was trailed to a Dragon meet behind the The Pig.
Mercedes E300/ET, (Executive Transport) seemed to fit.
Tundra/The Pig, for it's fab fuel economy
Celica Convertible/The Vert, because she hasn't been named yet.

skidMarkNZ
04-08-2010, 09:54 AM
pink terror the corona, aka the squid.

celicadude93
04-10-2010, 12:43 AM
this girl i know thought i should name the celi she spent like a whole weekend thinking of a name and the one that finally stuck was cici

skidMarkNZ
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
this girl i know thought i should name the celi she spent like a whole weekend thinking of a name and the one that finally stuck was cici

she sounds like a keeper... :thumbsdown:

Idiot Stick
04-10-2010, 11:41 PM
93 Sunbird - Shitbird
92 Celica GT - Whitie (It was white DURR)
2000 Celica GT-S...GTS
90 Mr2 - Mr2

Im so original.

CarolinaJr.
04-11-2010, 01:14 AM
My 90 GT is named megan

Lonestag
04-11-2010, 07:24 PM
95 Tercel - Rattle Can
90 Celica - Meraschina (Inspired by the cocktail cherries)
88 Celica vert - The vert
86 GTS - Pile of junk in my yard
73 Dodge Van - Daisy

09 Outback - No name

187flatliner
04-11-2010, 08:25 PM
named her flatliner cuz she really likes to hit the redline when i drive and i didnt like redline so flatliner stuck to me, but i also refer to her as bitch sometimes...(shhh! dont let her hear you)

celicadude93
04-11-2010, 11:04 PM
skidmarknz which one the car name, the girl, or both lol

vangls14
04-12-2010, 01:19 AM
My 5th gen usually only gets labeled POS when it has issues. Otherwise, I just call it my car.

v8killer
04-12-2010, 03:50 AM
my celica is just called my alltrac but most call it the turbo celica or the sleeper celica

i too sometimes call it sleeper cuz:
1 it survived a fight with a semi so the sides are kinda mangled more on the passenger side
2 you can't see the intercooler
3 its well built
4 my right foot turns to lead in the presance of v8 cars who's drivers think they are the fastest thing on wheels

hobbie2k
04-13-2010, 03:19 AM
I don't name my cars, but sometimes a name just appears...

Here's a list of cars that have had names.

1980 Datsun 280C - "Beer Nuts" - An AU$300 car, dented and body was a couple different shades of maroon. The previous owner left 32 empty bags of beer nuts in the car. Everyone in my dorm knew what "Beer Nuts" was, I even had a bag hanging from the rearview mirror.

1981 Toyota Celica LT2000 Coupe - "Minx" - My girlfriend (now wife) referenced the Ghostbusters line about Gozer the Gozerian after an energetic mountain drive.

1991 Nissan Sentra SE - "Felix" - Named after the Felix the Cat sticker on the rear.

1988 Nissan Cima-Cedric - "Gerry" - As in, "geriatric". A reference to the styling of the car which looked very similar to the current Crown Victoria.

2007 Chevy Cobalt LS coupe - "Nova" - Three meanings; 1. Color was called 'Sunburst' Orange 2. Chevy's compact car 3. In Spanish, no va means "doesn't go."

1989 Ford Crown Victoria Wagon - "Howard" - I just thought it looked like a Howard

1985 Ford Falcon GL 4.1 - "Allan" - I never really figured out where this name came from, but it stuck.

1996 Mercury Cougar 4.6 - "Kevin" - My wife and sister-in-law named it because the license plate is "KVN" though I don't use the name.

That's only a small portion of all the cars I've owned, though.

darthripley
04-13-2010, 10:36 PM
obviously you can see all the names in my sig below

MR2 = R2 b/c he's like Artoo always faithful never let us down & looks like crap bodywise but is full of suprises for the dorks who think they are hot stuff

Alltrac = Vadar b/c he's the most powerful car Joe or myself have ever owned & Vadar is really just a pouty pissy Sith bitch & the car takes after the movie character in all respects
Name is also mispelled on purpose as a nod to early t-shirts, hats & buttons that were mispelled when the movie came out in '77.

Camry = Maul b/c he's black with red accents all over

before that my Tercel didn't have a name, was just called Tercel or him
Joe's Integra was 3PO b/c it was also pissy but in a non-threatening protocol droid type of a way instead of a force choking Sith kind of way like Vadar lol

187flatliner
04-13-2010, 11:36 PM
obviously you can see all the names in my sig below

MR2 = R2 b/c he's like Artoo always faithful never let us down & looks like crap bodywise but is full of suprises for the dorks who think they are hot stuff

Alltrac = Vadar b/c he's the most powerful car Joe or myself have ever owned & Vadar is really just a pouty pissy Sith bitch & the car takes after the movie character in all respects
Name is also mispelled on purpose as a nod to early t-shirts, hats & buttons that were mispelled when the movie came out in '77.

Camry = Maul b/c he's black with red accents all over

before that my Tercel didn't have a name, was just called Tercel or him
Joe's Integra was 3PO b/c it was also pissy but in a non-threatening protocol droid type of a way instead of a force choking Sith kind of way like Vadar lol

^^^^^can you say STAR WARS freak.....lol....j/k

darthripley
04-14-2010, 02:25 AM
^ no doubts there - star wars geek/freak for life :D

Tara
04-15-2010, 02:25 AM
The '85 I called Delilah because of the first part of the plate - LAH... I never used the name, but called the car the Celi, the rust mobile, the tickmobile, and other things like that.

I've been referring to the 205 as the GT-Four. I'm trying to think of a name, but all I can come up with is Daisy, from the first part of the plate - ZSY. I have a feeling that this car will likely remain nameless, unless inspiration strikes.

sodap0p
04-15-2010, 02:41 AM
I have different names depending on who Im talking to.

My Wife:
MR2, Celica, and "The Ford"...sad hey...just havent had the time to be creative I guess...IDK... :)

My Kids:
Daddys White car, Daddys Black Car....lol!!

Friends:
My sexxyass RC, my killer MR.2