PDA

View Full Version : TWM shift knobs

lue
04-06-2010, 11:49 PM
i have one question. why are those TWM shift knobs so expensive? I mean are they heavy weighted same material or better as the Skunk2 and other highly brands? I like the type r finish but.... wow.. 95 bucks?.. anyone have one of these in their cars? give me some reviews on it. I wish they have some thing sort of familar to a stock Integra GSR shift knob. If I can't find anything I might just end up re-threading my GSR knob to fit the celica shifter..

4thgenceli
04-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Dunno, but I do have the TWM short shifter in my car. I can already tell the throw is greatly reduced, and it don't look half bad either :P

I'm using the stock shift knob as well.

Dougy90
04-07-2010, 04:35 AM
not sure why they are so pricey. i have a tmw shifter as well and i like they way it feels. i used the stock shift know for a while and then purchased a trust knob and i have been happy it with it since. i did notice the shift effort was easier due the extra weight from the new shift knob. the tmw shift knob may be made out of another material or they are expensive because of their processing methods. either way i wouldnt spend that much