PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: HOOKECHO

DaneDog311
04-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Yo bud are you still around... I finally got my 93 Celica GT out... It's got a Toyota NEW MR2 5sfe engine in it... The vacuum system got molested on the install... I know you stayed N/A at least for a while, who knows now.. and got some decent figures out of it.... What did you do... I searched under your name and couldn't find it... You sent me a sent me a sh*t load of info when i first joined... could you hook me up again... Thanks Hook

vangls14
04-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Yo bud are you still around... I finally got my 93 Celica GT out... It's got a Toyota NEW MR2 5sfe engine in it... The vacuum system got molested on the install... I know you stayed N/A at least for a while, who knows now.. and got some decent figures out of it.... What did you do... I searched under your name and couldn't find it... You sent me a sent me a sh*t load of info when i first joined... could you hook me up again... Thanks Hook

Don't know who HookeCho is but the 5SFE is really quite limited. In N/A form, really the only thing that you can do with a modest budget is to build the head. Browse around MR2OC and you will see that Jim Snodgrass took the 5SFE the farthest in N/A form with a built head. He made 158rwhp, IIRC, which is just plain badass for an engine with late 80s/early 90s technology without forced induction and long before the days of VTEC, VVTI, VVTI-L, etc.

grayscale
04-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Please find something original to say about the 5sfe instead of repeating things you saw some other idiot post.
It's only limited by your own budget. While Snodgrass was somewhat of a pioneer, it is agreed that he did some things wrong and could have done a bit more than he did.

DaneDog- read thru some of the stickies in the NA forum and some of the info MrTurrari has posted here, and you should have plenty to keep you busy for quite a while.:bigthumbu

Hookecho
04-04-2010, 04:07 PM
hey man! glad to hear you got the celi running. i can forward you those pm's.

i'm actually going to list my head and cams for sale along with everything else from my motor being that i'm swapping. i already have the motor out of the car.

vangls14
04-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Please find something original to say about the 5sfe instead of repeating things you saw some other idiot post.
It's only limited by your own budget. While Snodgrass was somewhat of a pioneer, it is agreed that he did some things wrong and could have done a bit more than he did.

What am I repeating? And why are you mad? LOL

This guy wants to build his 5SFE in N/A form. I wasn't sure if he knew about Jim's work so I just mentioned it.

Oh, and trust me, anyone modding is 5th gen Celica, particularly with the 5SFE, IS budget-limited whether you want to believe it or not. Without a budget limit, there are many many many better options such as a BEAMS 3SGE, 1MZ, etc, not to mention better platforms out there.

I just realized that this forum (or certain CT nazi's) is very pro-5SFE no matter how low tech, cost ineffective it is to max out, etc. The 5SFE is respectable for what it was meant for, but performance is not its strong suit. Probably why the majority of 5th/6th gen enthusiasts are still with their 5SFE and not something better. Oh wait, budget may be a reason, too.

grayscale
04-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Apparently you've never read anything from Mr.Turarri and his work. It's not about budget.:bigthumbu

Luni
04-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, Jeff (MrTurrari) has done a lot of stuff to his 5S and its cost him quite a mint.

Not saying Im an advocate of modifying the 5SFE, cause Im not. I feel your money is better spent elsewhere, but in some guys case, they cant help themselves cause theyre driving the road undriven. Jeff is all about that shit.