PDA

View Full Version : Run of the ogopogo '10??

pintoBC_3sgte
03-23-2010, 01:10 PM
lol posted this in the north America section but thought it would be better here, So is it happening this year on the same days as the car show in Vernon? This year the car show is only 2 days long. Here's the shows itinerary ...

Join us for a spectacular weekend in the heart of the Okanagan Valley!

August 7,8 2010

POKER RUN
Weekend fun commences with our Poker Run, starting at Watkin Motors (4206 27th Street) at 10:00 am. You will make numerous stops around Vernon before returning to Watkin Motors for a FREE BBQ courtesy of Watkin Motors!

DOWNTOWN SHOW & SHINE
After your BBQ, at 3:00 pm, join us on 30th Avenue of Downtown Vernon for our Downtown Show & Shine. Here you can kick back & relax, check out the shops, pubs & restaurants and enjoy the live music & entertainment. Courtesy of your Downtown Vernon Association!

POLSON PARK CRUISE-IN
On Sunday, Polson Park is the place to be! Parked on beautiful grass in amongst the trees, enjoy the day admiring hundreds of cars, checking out vendors & enjoying live music. As always you will have a chance at winning one of many door prizes at the Crown & Anchor Wheel. Donít forget to stick around for the trophy presentation & $1000.00 prize draw.

See you in August!

Lol just trying to get summer days booked off so trying to figure it out now

ChrisD
03-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Yep, same weekend. Likely what will happen is that we will do our thing on Friday & Saturday together, then go to Polson Park for the Sunday show.

Either that, or we can decide to not do the show and have some fun on our own on Sunday...if the majority of people wanted, but it is somewhat nice to have a more relaxing Sunday.

:)

sodap0p
03-23-2010, 02:32 PM
I'll be on my way to Sicamous on the 7th with my family. I doubt very much I'll be able to make it. I should be on Shuswap Lake on Sunday the 8th if you want to stop by on your way home.

On a boat!

ChrisD
03-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Go up on the 6th with us, hang out for part of the day on the 7th, then bail to go spend time with your 'family'. Solved.

:hehe:

j/k, That's too bad Steve!

sodap0p
03-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Well I might come up on the 6th, but I'd have to return on the 7th to get my family, then drive back in the pickup. I'll check with my wife and find out the exact days we're driving, Im pretty sure its Saturday the 7th, but if it's Sunday I will for sure come.

Im thinking since she stole my truck, she is comfortable driving it by now, let her pull the boat and meet me out there! :)

yeah, she said we are going out on the 8th. I told her to tow the boat and I'll be waiting for her...I dont think it went over well though...hehe

trialsmaster2
03-23-2010, 07:33 PM
I like the do our own Celica meet stuff on the Friday and Saturday, then take over the car show on the Sunday. Gotta show those hot rod owners what Celis are all about...again :)

WALKER
03-24-2010, 05:13 AM
I am definitely in again this year for the meet. Now to decide what Celica will make the trip!

RyanD
03-24-2010, 04:44 PM
It's going to be an epic time! Plus, the earlier we get the word out the better.

93cc
03-25-2010, 02:27 AM
I wasn't able to go last year, just added it to my calendar!

ChrisD
03-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey guys - anyone that is interested, please join this group: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4

We can chat, discuss, and keep track of interested people from there.

Tara
04-02-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm in! With my own car this time, in addition to Ryan's mkii - gotta bring the Supra along to crash the Celica meet.

There's been a bit of a changeup in Celica departement... the '85 was no longer worth the effort of banishing the rusties just so I could swap in a drivetrain that doesn't suck. So I got something better.

http://www.zenautoworks.ca/Current%20Stock%20Units/DSC_4069.JPG

ChrisD
04-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Sweet! I was wondering who would pick that one up...definitely a unique car. Nicely done!

Tara
04-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks! It'll be nice to be able to bring my own car to the meet this summer - even if it isn't the one that I was talking about last year!

Funkycheeze
04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I am indeed looking forward to crashing the meet with my RWD Inline 6 awesomeness. But seriously, should be a great time again!

93cc
04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
I joined the group

SupraFiend
04-20-2010, 11:23 PM
I am indeed looking forward to crashing the meet with my RWD Inline 6 awesomeness. But seriously, should be a great time again!

Me too :D

I ended up getting my car done for the big JCCS meet in LA last fall so it will definitly be ready for the Ogopogo this year! Even if I did bring the beater, theres a new more improved beater that would be worth bringing too. But the 86 will be there, with bells on :)

Funkycheeze
04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Solid! I should have my 700cc injectors in and tuned for then, which means moar powa! Although I won't run any more boost that I had last year until 3rd gear and above. Also got some stiffer rear springs to cut down on squatting.

acidice333
04-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Eh too bad it wasn't closer to my route and date wise haha.

I'm heading upto Whitecourt AB in I'm hoping June or July.

ChrisD
05-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Hey everyone, please add yourself to the roll-call. I'll close this thread as to not confuse things. :)

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30102293#post30102293