PDA

View Full Version : Question about 5th gen to 6th gen side view mirrors

StormyBklyn
03-19-2010, 10:51 PM
I did a search, and I couldn't find anything, so I was wondering if it's possible to swap the 5th gen side view mirrors for 6th gen without a lot of work. Has anyone done this before?
I can't seem to find a set of 5th gen folding mirrors anywhere, and it seems a lot easier to find 6th gen. I have a set of 5th gen folding mirrors on the All Trac, and I would like to do the same on the 'vert.
I know (almost) anything is possible, but I was wondering if this would be too difficult.

Thanks

MCcelica
03-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Its possible. The 6gen guys usually go the other way and put 5th gen mirrors on. Gimme a few and I'll see if I can find a link for that...

MCcelica
03-20-2010, 04:12 AM
6gc's search is a spunk monkey. I can't find it. But yes, it's possible.

85gtsblackman
03-20-2010, 05:38 AM
yeah 6gc's serch does kinda suck but like stated before everyone does opposite

i like my foldable mirrors on the stx though

acidice333
03-20-2010, 07:31 PM
2 of the 3 bolt holes will line up.

..and the wires will have to be tinkered with.

StormyBklyn
03-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the replies. I want to do something a little different witht the 'verts mirrors. I wish it was easier to find the folding 5th gen mirrors, but it's not. I've also been thinking of cutting off the "staulks" and bringing them closer to the body, I just don't know what that would do to the viewing angle.

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I have 6th Gen mirrors on my 5th Gen GT.

I had to swap out the wire plug and drill 4 new holes. I have done this twice now, because I replaced a door. I will get a photo of the wires so you can see what gets spliced into what.

I did this because I needed folding mirrors for a narrow alley I parked in. I am going to upgrade to GT-Four style mirrors on my GT-S at some point.