robertmichaels
03-12-2010, 03:32 PM
hi, my name is Robert
Rides:
1991 Celica GT
1990 Celica GT
1991 Articat Jag
1996 Suzuki Bandit 600s

i joined the forum not that long ago but never posted here. i have owned a 1991 Celica GT hatchback (AT) for a year now. it has 145K miles and every seal leaks on the engine, mods on this car are: short ram intake, carbon fiber hood, rear wing, red carpet, 17" Urban Racing Rims, and custom painted interior. I've fixed the heater core and carpet due to the leaking of coolent on my passenger side. so recently my transmission started to slip here and there when its cold, at the same time i came across a 1990 Celica GT (manual) that was not running for $300, my first plans were to swap my car to a manual, but after doing some research i decided i didnt have the time with school, exams, work, ect. so i decided to fix it up, the guy said he kept blowing the main fuse #2 (cant think of it right now.. has 3 letters) and he spent alot of time and money taking it places. i pulled the wiring out of the engine and found that it had melted 3 wires where it runs over the back of the engine to the fuse box next to the battery, so i follewed the wires and it went to the main fuse and the other went to a sensor on the top of the firewall on the drivers side. so now i am fixing the engine, the compression was good, so i put all new gaskets on and hopefully am going to drop it back in, in a week or so... sorry for the long message, i even cut out a bunch

Hookecho
03-14-2010, 06:09 PM
so are you going to keep both cars or part with one of them? i'm glad you figured out the wiring problem you had. makes a $300 car worth having now.

robertmichaels
03-15-2010, 01:55 PM
ya im going to keep both cars, the 1990 has almost no rust so i plan on using that for my summer car, and keep the 1991 which has a few rust spots(soon to be fixed) for my winter car