PDA

View Full Version : Long time no see

StormyBklyn
03-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Yeah, I fell off the face of the earth for a while. What, it's been a little over a year now I think.
Anyway, I have a little bit of free time now, so I figured that I would start fixing the Celicas up again, especially since I've had really bad luck with them. The GT threw a rod back in January, but since I sank like $3K into her a little over a year before that, I dropped another engine in. Better engine, idles a lot better. This was also out of a '99 Camry. But, a few months before that, some idiot drove into the front end of my car and messed up the bumper, fenders and the hood. I had to take the JDM ST185 bumper I was saving for the All Trac and put it on the GT. Looks amazing, I just have to get the fenders and the hood fixed now... and the car painted. I think I might actually leave the bumper black, though.
I also had a couple of wheels stolen from me. I was swapping out my 7th gen 16s for the OEM 14s on the GT and putting the 15s back on the 185, and someone stole one of the 16s, two of the 15s and one of the 14s right out of my driveway. Yeah, so now I'm also in the market for stock rims. Heck, I'd even trade the 3 7th gen rims for two 15's for the 185 and one 14 for the GT.
AND my Grand Marquis was totaled by an idiot who ran a red light, slammed into another car, and both cars demolished her, all while I was at work and she was parked on the street. Yeah, thanks asshole.
Parking on NY streets, you're playing Russian Roulette with your car every time you do it. So now, the 185 and the GT STAY IN THE FRIGGIN DRIVEWAY.
So, now that summers almost here, I want to get the 'vert all fixed up so I can enjoy it, especially since I have to drive 100 miles a day back and forth to work. I am so disgusted with the way she looks, and the fact that I'm driving on three OEM wheels and a steel wheel that I don't even want to take the top down.
I'll be posting in the WTB thread, and not to spam the forum, but if anyone is selling, or knows someone selling, a 14" wheel, left and right 5th gen fenders and hood, let me know!
I just wanted to pop back in and say "hi" again... and bitch and moan a little...