PDA

View Full Version : 3sgte 4wd Corolla swap

JakeO
03-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Recently came across an 89 4wd corolla sedan, i can get it cheap, but its got 300 000 kilometres on it, and was wondering what it would take to fit a 3sgte in it. It would be fairly easy i believe to find a jdm motor, theres alot of import companies around quebec and ontario:canada: that i could get one from. My question is how difficult would the build be and what type of parts would i have to swap into the car? I wouldnt want to much horsepower, just something wicked fun for the backroads around here and something different than the norm.
Thank you for any info you can give!

90'GT-FOUR
03-07-2010, 07:43 AM
hey mate, sounds bloody good!! would love to see it.

you will also need a better gearbox as i have heard they are weak.

shafts and diff will be needed too if your gonna put considerably more power than the stocky.

what about a 4age twin cam?? should be better in some cases

4thgenceli
03-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Search about you'll see whats needed. You'll need to fabricate mounts (well not fabricate but heavily modify). I would look into keeping with the same engine series (3s(ge/fe/gte), 4a(fe/ge) etc. Keeping it in the same series makes the swaps all the easier.

JakeO
03-07-2010, 05:58 PM
thanks guys, yeah, im gonna do as much research as possible before i actually sink money into this, i have been thinking about other engines like the 4age, i really wanted 3sgte but im willing to put in just about anything that will yield more power than the current engine, but still remain generally reliable.

craig
03-07-2010, 07:01 PM
I've seen the 4ag swap, with a refreshed gearbox and rear end it'll stand a stock redtop 4age just fine and if you've got the 4af motor now, the swap is easy, you'll just have to wire it up

JakeO
03-07-2010, 07:27 PM
that sounds like a setup i would want, thanks, ill definetly look into that further.