PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Celica will not start after Heater Core Replacement

spunkmaster2000
02-27-2010, 09:40 PM
My heater core started leaking, so I ordered a replacement core. During the replacement process I removed the upper and lower dash, until everything was removed. I have reassembled the dash, and all the wiring connections that I could find, making sure to secure the two ground straps in the wiring harness. Next I started testing: widows , mirrors, radio, sun roof, hi beams, lo beams, hazard lights, turn signals, interior lights, fuel gauge, radio all work. Next I attempt to start car, the engine turns over, but kind of rough ,and will not start. The battery has good strong charge. I Can anyone help?

donteatbugs
02-27-2010, 09:49 PM
there is a lot of stuff in your dash that had to come out. make sure everything is plugged into the interior brain box and that all your fuses are good. Are you getting a CEL when you turn the key on? be sure all the fuses under the hood are good too.

spunkmaster2000
02-27-2010, 11:16 PM
I did find two connectors but I cannot not find any place to plug them into, see attached pic.

spunkmaster2000
02-28-2010, 01:45 AM
It turns out that I had not noticed that my lo beams were not turning off completely. No matter what I would try the lo beams would go very dim but never off.

The lighting problem turns out that I had part of the Lighting wiring harness (black connector) plugged into the rear of the factory radio. I disconnected the black connector from the radio, and plugged it into the orphan black socket shown in the jpg.

Now I have properly functioning hi and lo beams as well as fog lights. In addition, I can now start the engine.

I still have one white connector shown in the attached jpg that I do not know where it should connect, or if it should connect, does anyone know?

spunkmaster2000
02-28-2010, 03:15 AM
One issue solved, and a new issue pops up. The Headlight Auto On is no longer working, and all of the power windows have power to them even when key is not in the ignition.

spunkmaster2000
02-28-2010, 04:40 AM
More Info: I can manually turn on the headlights, but I cannot get the Auto On/Off dash sensor to work with the engine running like it use to.
As for my power windows, I can turn off the ignition, remove the key and the windows still have power to them, until I open the door. As soon as I open either door with the ignition turned off I loose power to the windows. Any ideas?

donteatbugs
02-28-2010, 10:05 PM
thats normal for the windows. as for the connector ill have to look at mine. i have no idea about the headlights. i have my drl dissabled so i have to turn them on manuely

spunkmaster2000
03-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Hey, Thanks. i reseated all the connectors and the Auto On for the lights is now working. I am still curious as to what that one white connector is and if it should be connected?