PDA

View Full Version : Rad replacement

priggy
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Has anybody changed a rad on the 7th gen? (Mines a 140 if its any difference), mines got a nasty hole, ive ordered a new rad but i was wondering if anybody knows anything i should look out for?

donteatbugs
02-23-2010, 08:23 PM
i never had to take mine off, it seems pretty straight forward though. dont break anything!

Smaay
02-23-2010, 11:39 PM
its a very easy job. disconnect hoses, drain fluid, remove the 4 10mm bolts holding the support bar, unplug fans, and lift out. installation is in reverse. the hard part is bleeding the cooling system. you need to jack the front of the car up as high as possible, run the engine, turn the heater on full blast, and massage the hoses. the air will work its way out.

donteatbugs
02-24-2010, 03:02 AM
um, to bleed the coolant you can do it with the car level. unbolt the 10 holding the overflow tank in place. unclip the hoses so they can stretch. place coolant overflow on the bottom hood latch. fill with coolant and turn the car on and the heat on and let it warm up til the tstat opens. cap it off.

Smaay
02-27-2010, 06:48 AM
um, to bleed the coolant you can do it with the car level. unbolt the 10 holding the overflow tank in place. unclip the hoses so they can stretch. place coolant overflow on the bottom hood latch. fill with coolant and turn the car on and the heat on and let it warm up til the tstat opens. cap it off.

yeah my way works better

Shadowlife25
02-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Actually both ways work equally well.
It's just a matter of preference. :)

donteatbugs
02-27-2010, 09:51 PM
in my situtoin its not always easy to jack the front of the car up. depends where im at.