PDA

View Full Version : FMIC and other probs

90'GT-FOUR
02-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Hey guys,

Got a few problems now that ive got a diff turbo set-up.

1. The biggest of the problems is how and where can i relocate the gearbox oil cooler?? a lot of hard lines and stuff make it a pretty annoying prob. it normally sits where the FMIC is. so any tips or pics would be great!

2. the oxy sensor in the new downpipe is a screw in type, can i just get any generic 1 wire screw in type and solder it together??

3. Got an external wastegate, where abouts does the vaccum hose port from it go to?

Thanks guys :)

ChrisD
02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
To start, a lot of guys end up going with the RC front bumper as there is more room to play with behind the thinner crash bar. Might be worth considering, but not necessary.

1. Honestly, you might be best to get some SS lines and relocate the cooler. That is one thing on my list as my cooler is kind of ghetto rigged. But not a single person has ever noticed, hehe. (also my car did not come stock with this) Shouldn't be too tough to rig that way. I would mount the FMIC first, then figure out where there is some extra space for the heat exchanger.

2. You don't have the OEM flange for a regular O2 sensor on your DP? If not, I would think a generic one should work fine. But my preference is to go with an OEM replacement. Look for the 88-89 GTS O2 sensors, they were single wire from the factory.

3. To a boost source? I would just take the hose that fed the stock WG.

:)

MixMaster
03-04-2010, 07:50 AM
you can also just remove the front bumper support all together and mount your FMIC. The tranny cooler doesn't really get in the way at all if you use the upper bumper support to bolt up the IC.