PDA

View Full Version : when should we start promoting

medivh66
12-01-2004, 05:40 AM
to like the old c.neters and otug

roman
12-01-2004, 05:43 AM
Hmm, I wonder how many OTUG members will actually be attracted by Jay's magical aura after all the drama on c.net ;)

Hooligan
12-01-2004, 06:01 AM
I don't think it's right to go to other forums and tell them about this one. Feel free to put info in your AIM/Yahoo/MSN/ICQ/etc profiles and on personal pages, but I don't think we need to step on others' toes.

roman
12-01-2004, 06:05 AM
In any case, we should at least wait for the forum to be done. We still don't have moderators or any type of logo/banner to speak of.

Blackcloud
12-01-2004, 06:21 AM
I personaly dont like the idea of inviting otug members here. like i said in previous c.net posts... they created that site to spite c.net................

Luni
12-01-2004, 06:25 AM
So did we.

I dont want to deter ANYONE from coming over.

I dont want just people to come over and hang out in OT tho. Definately not

Blackcloud
12-01-2004, 06:26 AM
well i guess thats what i ment. they created an OT forum

this is something totaly different trying to completly replace the defunct c.net

Blackcloud
12-01-2004, 06:27 AM
and i guess i have a bitter taste from them saying they dont want any of the c.net admins at their site.

so meh

carry on

Luni
12-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Its all good dude.

I doubt anyone is gonna go over there and promote it.

Basic curiosity will get people to come over here.

If they start shit, we will just ban them.

If they want to participate I see no reason not to let them.

As long as they arent asshats.

mikeswickednick
12-01-2004, 06:43 AM
he is quite right, with good moderators a forum can be a very nice place. but asshats are everywhere...

Borinal
12-01-2004, 07:00 AM
Yeah, asshats come with the territory.

I agree though, it's not very tact to just straight up promote that shit.

But signatures, WWW link and etc... Just enough to let it be known and spark curiosity.

ronin
12-01-2004, 09:17 AM
i dont see why not.. maybe as a big fokj00 we can go post the address to alex's beta board in OT.. just get one of the admins to edit a post by a wanker and away we go hahaha.
i kid.

like boronial said.. i guess we can put it into a sigs and stuff.. discreatly i would imagine haha.

Playfortoday
12-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words Roman. ;) (P.S. The only way I contributed to drama why by not putting up with their bullshit anymore. You have met me, and I think I am a really laid back guy. The fabulous four just pushed my buttons more than you could ever understand. I totalerate bs, but not disrespect from life-n00bs or people who are supposed to be on your team.)

As for advertisement, I do not want any active recruiting from the other sites. Add it to your profile, talk to your buddies, call your friends. Word will spread eventually. And as Luni said, OT will be OT, not c-net OT. The last thing we need is to have OTUG flood in here. Then we end up will the exact same site that we tried to reinvent.