PDA

View Full Version : questions for 3sgte swap

ale2and
02-18-2010, 10:35 PM
im planing on doing a 3rd generation 3sgte swap. im mostly conserned about the transmission. are the solara 2.2l trans and the celica 2.2l trans the same? and what motor mounts are the best to use? and as long as the engine comes with an air to air factory intercooler i can replace it withe a front mount right?

Shadowlife25
02-18-2010, 11:07 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81

ale2and
02-19-2010, 08:33 PM
i have a 1994 celica st. 1.8l 5 speed. i just need to know about what transmission to use that will bolt to the 3sgte and my car. i can figure out wiring. will the stock st rpm and speed gauges work?

Shadowlife25
02-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Did you read through the other links contained there and use our super duper search feature?

Do a little legwork on your own bud. The answers are there, we just aren't going to spoon feed them to you.

808joey
02-24-2010, 07:05 PM
i have a 1994 celica st. 1.8l 5 speed. i just need to know about what transmission to use that will bolt to the 3sgte and my car. i can figure out wiring. will the stock st rpm and speed gauges work?

you'll need to get a left side GT engine mount and use either a 3sge,5sfe, solara,es300, or camry trans. each has alot more researching to do to make it work.

Did you read through the other links contained there and use our super duper search feature?

Do a little legwork on your own bud. The answers are there, we just aren't going to spoon feed them to you.

yups search feature is the bomb. maybe you should relocate it so everyone see's it annoyingly, not hidden on the top right ;) :naughty: