PDA

View Full Version : When were you bit by the caraudio bug?

david in germany
04-04-2005, 10:16 AM
I think I was about 15 when a friend of mine invited me to hear his sisters boyfriends car stereo (about 1986) It was a white ford 4 door with limotint. It was decked out with the best you could get starting at the head unit Alpine cassette, sending signal to the trunk. Oh my god the look of those 2 10" "The Punch" Woofers and attached to the bottom of the rear deck 1 Punch 45 for the highs and 1 punch 75 for the subs.... I think the highs and mids were Alpine..
Michael Jackson's new album had just come out and I poped it into the deck (after the guys sister checked the cassette to see if the quality was ok) We started with "Dirty Diana" and my world changed....

So how did you all get bit?

Blackcloud
04-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Prob when i was about 16 or so, My friend had 4 fosgate 15s in teh back of his car powerd by 2 fosgate 1000a2s

I was in love

fiveSFE
04-04-2005, 10:48 AM
about 2 years ago when i was 16, we went to see 2 fast 2 furious on a sat night, we went in my friends eclipse gst convertable, he had 2 18 jl subs wit a protocal ppi amp, he was a dealer in car stereo, his eclipse was pushing just over 300hp to the wheels, i thought we were so cool wit the top down just bumpin music, combined wit the sound of the bov. unfornunatly we were going out to eat that night and a girl that was following us rear ended us and totaled the car

david in germany
04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
unfornunatly we were going out to eat that night and a girl that was following us rear ended us and totaled the car
was she cute? :laugh:

nospmohtkcin
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
happend like 10 years ago. My friend bought car audio left and right and money wasn't a problem so he got good shit. He had shit like audio control 30band eq's(1 for left and 1 for the right) had a audio control eqx a 20+ band eq that was setup for car audio shows db competitions. Amps and subs he had the top of the line kicker. Most times it was 3 12" kicker solobarics with each one getting lots of power. the loudest was when he had 4 15" kicker solobarics. Pretty hard not to get hooked on it when your listening to the systems he had and going to competitions every week.

fiveSFE
04-04-2005, 09:40 PM
was she cute? :laugh:

yeah she was cute, the owner of the eclipse started going out wit her about a month after the accident and they are still together, my other friend who was a passenger is sueing the chick

Luni
04-07-2005, 07:03 PM
I was about 14, my brother had a 86 Nissan Pulsar, he went to some place and got financed for a stereo. He had Soundstream components, a Clarion 4 channel amp (I think it was a 25x4 or 50x2 - he was running 50x2) to the components, he had a Coustic 10 inch sub in a plexiglass bandpass box, and he had some JBL rears running off the Clarion head unit.

It was the bomb diggity. After that car, it was put into what became my first car, and I inherited the stereo piece at at time. Eventually the head unit was stolen, the subwoofer blew after giving it to a buddy, the box was used by another buddy, and the amp blew some years later too.

But that was all I needed to get started. Ive loved it ever since.