PDA

View Full Version : blue smoke?

earl_p
02-15-2010, 02:46 PM
well my car is blue smoking then it will clear out then a couple of minutes later it will do it again......my question is -- is that my turbo going out, seals letting the oil into my exhaust?

4thgenceli
02-15-2010, 02:53 PM
blue smoke is oil burning yes.

Does it do it at idle? Or is it when you get on/off the gas?

It could either be the spark plug tube seals leaking oil into the cylinder, or valve seals may be leaking. I doubt it's your turbo going out, it's some seals are going out or are gone.

187flatliner
02-15-2010, 05:11 PM
blue smoke is oil burning yes.

Does it do it at idle? Or is it when you get on/off the gas?

It could either be the spark plug tube seals leaking oil into the cylinder, or valve seals may be leaking. I doubt it's your turbo going out, it's some seals are going out or are gone.

agreed........i would say its a spark plug seal due to i just had this problem,.....

earl_p
02-15-2010, 09:00 PM
no it doesnt do it at idle just when your goin down the road and if u romp in on it it will clear out but why would it feel like my turbo has dead spots in it and then clear out? and also its kinda hard to start up in the cold mornings it will turn over and some times it will try to start but when it does it dies right away once i get it started it seems to miss out untill it clears out then it runs fine except for the way the car feels when its boosting and the blue smoke

T-spoon
02-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Do you have a boost gauge? Are you using oil between changes? When you pull the intake hose off the turbo, is there a small amount of oil in the front of the turbo/pipe or a ton of oil? How much can you wiggle the turbo shaft and how do the fins look? Do you get any codes/check engine light?

earl_p
02-17-2010, 05:27 AM
lots of oil, yeah i got a boost gauge it reads like 12psi i have a boost controler on it, and the check engine light is on i havent got it checked tho so i dont know what codes are in it...but it is acting like a seal in the turbo is leaking it will blue smoke then clear out and then do it again,,,i dont think its the spark plug tube seals are leaking cause i dont have any oil on my plugs...my 87 supra turbo did the same thing and i changed the turbo on it and it stopped smoking...but i dunno thats why im asking lol